Gran Turismo 5 Photo / Video Thread

Been having a blast on arcade mode this afternoon. Going to wait until my new HDD arrives tomorrow (stupid courier mis-routed it :angry:) before getting into GT mode. The photos the game can produce are simply amazing. Could spend hours in photo mode alone.

2ex7q6u.jpg

1zh0euf.jpg

30bhi7d.jpg

2ljj9xu.jpg

2yz0y2p.jpg

xbvuo.jpg

9s4009.jpg

And this is what happened when I first let my sister have a go... :whistle:

116s9ki.jpg

(To be fair she actually saved the spin rather well before the Lancia ran into the back of her.)

n38d3p.jpg

The second photo has a bit of weirdness going on where the smoke is. Apart from this single glitch the graphics both in the race and in the photo mode have been superb.

gran-turismo-5-playstation-3-ps3-447.jpg

Wrong thread, this is for GT5 picture outputs.

And secondly GT5 doesn't even run in that resolution and look at the HUD (especially Position/Tour and numbers below), JPEG compression much or ****ty capture setup.

Wrong thread, this is for GT5 picture outputs.

And secondly GT5 doesn't even run in that resolution and look at the HUD, JPEG compression much.

Fair enough, just saw some from before and posted here, will post in the other. I admit there is some compression but the base is still there. Without the compression it still looks pretty bad for a game that has been in development for so long and even you can't deny that.

Fair enough, just saw some from before and posted here, will post in the other. I admit there is some compression but the base is still there. Without the compression it still looks pretty bad for a game that has been in development for so long and even you can't deny that.

Considering it's being played by my GF right now I can see a huge difference in HUD :p

The screenshot looks horrible, but if it's your basis for an opinion on the whole of GT5 you're not being very fair.

Considering it's being played by my GF right now I can see a huge difference in HUD :p

The screenshot looks horrible, but if it's your basis for an opinion on the whole of GT5 you're not being very fair.

Forget the HUD dude, that is not why people are buying this game. Even if you remove the compression, the game will still look like that as a baseline. It isn't magically going to look 100 times better. The trees and stuff are still going to look like crummy cardboard cutouts and that everything looks flat! It is one of the tracks that they didn't bother updating for GT5. It looks the same as the GT4 version on the PS2 according to some people.

Forget the HUD dude, that is not why people are buying this game. Even if you remove the compression, the game will still look like that as a baseline. It isn't magically going to look 100 times better. The trees and stuff are still going to look like crummy cardboard cutouts and that everything looks flat! It is one of the tracks that they didn't bother updating for GT5. It looks the same as the GT4 version on the PS2 according to some people.

Well duh, I'd like to think people were buying this because they're interested in driving simulators! :p

Just pointing out the poor capturing behind that image and the HUD was the easiest thing to highlight to let you see compression.

Yup, I can confirm this is what I see in game as well. Everyone should be actually, it's the consensus at Neogaf and GTPlanet.net.

Yup, I can confirm this is what I see in game as well. Everyone should be actually, it's the consensus at Neogaf and GTPlanet.net.

Take an in-game picture and post it for us then rofl.gif

Take an in-game picture and post it for us then rofl.gif

Not home from work yet, but will when I get there. There have already been hundreds posted on the web that everyone is looking at though. rofl.gif

Thought this was for photos and videos? :p

Standard car next to a premium. Actually watching the replay it was hard to tell but when you study a photo the differences are noticeable.

1zxphj8.jpg

r1z8k4.jpg

3088lt5.jpg

Game looks great in photo mode... Actual gameplay seems to be a different story.

All games look better in still motion.

The screens I have seen with the standard models while racing in 3rd person mode look like GT4 with better lighting... Im sorry but I think Forza 3 is far superior to this game, I will rent GT 5 to give it a chance but I am disappointed by what I have seen.

The screens I have seen with the standard models while racing in 3rd person mode look like GT4 with better lighting... Im sorry but I think Forza 3 is far superior to this game, I will rent GT 5 to give it a chance but I am disappointed by what I have seen.

It was already explained years ago that 800 cars would be ported over from GT4.

-T10 has over 300 employees while PD has 140 30 of which are car modelers and 2 are track designers.

-T10 outsources most of their work while PD does everything in house.

- it took 6 months to completely finish a premium car for GT5

Now for you to say Forza 3 is the better game in a dedicated Gran Turismo thread without even playing the game first hand is an insult.

Forza is NOT A SIM and has a 2 year dev cycle just like the Call Of Duty franchise.

:x

731031279.jpg

686299460.jpg

Credit to +rajputwarrior for the pics...

It was already explained years ago that 800 cars would be ported over from GT4.

-T10 has over 300 employees while PD has 140 30 of which are car modelers and 2 are track designers.

-T10 outsources most of their work while PD does everything in house.

- it took 6 months to completely finish a premium car for GT5

Now for you to say Forza 3 is the better game in a dedicated Gran Turismo thread without even playing the game first hand is an insult.

Forza is NOT A SIM and has a 2 year dev cycle just like the Call Of Duty franchise.

Neither of these games are sims, sorry just that simple. I have said elsewhere I will give the game a chance, and there is no reason it took 6 MONTHS to model one premium car for this game. I am strictly going off of the screens and I am not trying to compare the actual game play experience. I am sure it is a fun game but all of the press this game has gotten mad the game looking amazing and ultra photo-realistic and I am just not seeing that here unless it is a photo-mode screen/replay shot with a premium car model. Sorry, not trying to start anything.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/mustang-rain-gran-turismo/707766

Neither of these games are sims, sorry just that simple. I have said elsewhere I will give the game a chance, and there is no reason it took 6 MONTHS to model one premium car for this game. I am strictly going off of the screens and I am not trying to compare the actual game play experience. I am sure it is a fun game but all of the press this game has gotten mad the game looking amazing and ultra photo-realistic and I am just not seeing that here unless it is a photo-mode screen/replay shot with a premium car model. Sorry, not trying to start anything.

Yes there is a reason 1. get licensing agreement, 2. setup photo shoot, 3. travel from Tokyo to the location of the car's to take photos and back, 4.put car's on DYNO for sound recording, 5. model the car, 6. Car Physics, 7. sound department for engine sounds and editing, 8. final Quality check.

Now if they left out the standard cars most hardcore fanatics would complain cause their favorite cars were not in the game, but as i see it was just not enough time to do 1031 premium cars and they did not have enough people to do it nor did they want to outsource.

Yes there is a reason 1. get licensing agreement, 2. setup photo shoot, 3. travel from Tokyo to the location of the car's to take photos and back, 4.put car's on DYNO for sound recording, 5. model the car, 6. Car Physics, 7. sound department for engine sounds and editing, 8. final Quality check.

Now if they left out the standard cars most hardcore fanatics would complain cause their favorite cars were not in the game, but as i see it was just not enough time to do 1031 premium cars and they did not have enough people to do it nor did they want to outsource.

maybe they should have... there is just no excuse for cars to look that bad in a game that is suppose to the game that defines all racing games.