Gran Turismo 5 Photo / Video Thread

maybe they should have... there is just no excuse for cars to look that bad in a game that is suppose to the game that defines all racing games.

They probably couldn't if they wanted due to the budget already being at 60 Million Dollars.

Well the guys at T10 did it no problems and keep releasing great looking cars and tracks, who cares if they outsource the work. It gets done. As for the cockpits, they look pretty much the same as the Forza cars, perhaps thats why PD visited T10 studios... :alien:

They probably couldn't if they wanted due to the budget already being at 60 Million Dollars.

The consumer doesn't care what the budget is. They want a full product. If the core (driving physics + car visuals) of it isn't finished, it is just not finished not matter how you put it.

Well the guys at T10 did it no problems and keep releasing great looking cars and tracks, who cares if they outsource the work. It gets done. As for the cockpits, they look pretty much the same as the Forza cars, perhaps thats why PD visited T10 studios... :alien:

They never did, Dan met Kaz at SEMA 2009

original.aspx

Turn 10 Blog

The consumer doesn't care what the budget is. They want a full product. If the core (driving physics + car visuals) of it isn't finished, it is just not finished not matter how you put it.

Maybe instead of rushing the game out for this holiday season another 6 years of dev time would have helped and perhaps this could have been a launch title for the PS5 :laugh: It's like if T10 got half way finished with the game and just tossed cars from Forza 1 and 2 and shipped it as Froza 4 with a handful of "premium" cars. :rolleyes: I think I am done ranting for now. I will reserve further judgement until I get some hands on time with the game myself.

They never did, Dan met Kaz at SEMA 2009

original.aspx

Turn 10 Blog

Source: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/blogs/turn_10s_forza_motorsport_blog/archive/2009/06/05/the-road-to-october-looking-beyond-e3-2009.aspx

Perhaps the most surprising to me was when a couple developers from Gran Turismo makers Polyphony Digital came by to personally get hands-on with Forza 3, all the while taking careful notes, examining our UI system, shooting photos, and directly asking us some pretty interesting questions. The reason I say I was personally surprised was because PD aren?t generally known as a studio to acknowledge that there are racing games that exist beyond their own. Which could explain why the GT franchise has been so stagnant in the racing genre since GT3. So it seems competition is good for the consumer after all. I know for a fact that Turn 10 will never stop pushing racing games to the next level.

Maybe instead of rushing the game out for this holiday season another 6 years of dev time would have helped and perhaps this could have been a launch title for the PS5 :laugh: It's like if T10 got half way finished with the game and just tossed cars from Forza 1 and 2 and shipped it as Froza 4 with a handful of "premium" cars. :rolleyes: I think I am done ranting for now. I will reserve further judgement until I get some hands on time with the game myself.

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts too. How long was the Dev time for GT5? When they announced that GT5 would have sooo many cars I was estatic. "OMG OMG OMG". Then I hear that they were going to delay and delay and delay. So I thought.. that's no problem.. I mean that's a ******** of cars they have to re-model and also add new cars... they SHOULD all be the same quality right? :laugh:

No need for 10 variations of one car either and thats where most of the cars are coming from, just make them customizable like in "other" racing games and you would have a more manageable car list around 400-500 cars. Oh and this game has been on my Christmas list for awhile so I will see if I get it from someone :p I will still play the hell out of it as I love racing games :p

I have no doubts the game is fun and a great buy but I am having trouble dropping the cash for what seems to be a half finished game...

They didn't go to their Studios, they were seen at their E3 booth cool.gif

Try not to half quote stories...

It seems that Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital is highly interested in Forza Motorsport 3, going as far as to sample the game and take notes during E3 last week.

"Perhaps the most surprising to me was when a couple developers from Gran Turismo maker Polyphony Digital came by to personally get hands-on with Forza 3, all the while taking careful notes, examining our UI system, shooting photos, and directly asking us some pretty interesting questions," said Turn 10's Che Chou in a blog post (via Kotaku).

"The reason I say I was personally surprised was because PD aren't generally known as a studio to acknowledge that there are racing games that exist beyond their own. Which could explain why the GT franchise has been so stagnant in the racing genre since GT3. So it seems competition is good for the consumer after all."

http://palgn.com.au/xbox-360/14664/polyphony-interested-in-forza-3/

This thread is supposed to be for photos. Should keep the petty squabbles to the main thread. At the moment there is little point in having the photo thread as it is just re-iterating the content of main one.

How do you upload pictures directly from the PS3 again, setup a Picassa account and use the Photo app?

How do you upload pictures directly from the PS3 again, setup a Picassa account and use the Photo app?

Yep, will ask if you want to upload to Picassa or Facebook :)

Yep, will ask if you want to upload to Picassa or Facebook :)

Thanks I'll go download the photo app now, just wanted to make sure it would still work before I wait on it (120mb or something I think it is).

In the meantime here's one of my focus out on the track. Still playing around with the camera settings in photomode...

TokyoR246_1.jpg

OK, here's my feeble contribution. :p

5204954431_7cfedc4da7_b.jpg

I took that one yesterday after winning a race.

5205552494_20946f5a80_b.jpg

5204954635_1ef7f0d1f0_b.jpg

5205552660_e987050e36_b.jpg

The other three, I took after spending about 10 minutes in the photo mode.