December 2010 Desktops

This is off topic, but i'm curious...

why should anyone install this patch and not use the x64 Win7 version? :rolleyes:

Well, unfortunately my health is not allowing me to be gainfully employed and I'm in the process of getting things going with Social Security Disability (for the 4TH TIME!), and I was given a Win7 32-bit DVD at an "Executive Briefing" shortly after launch - So, I had to go with the 32-bit version for the time being.

Interestingly, that patch cleared-up a few memoy management issues, allowing me to run Windows Media Player alongside the host of other apps I have running as evidenced in my latest desktop screen-cap:

scottdesk.jpg

--ScottKin

Another VS I've been playing around with. As you might've guessed I've just discovered Style Builder. It's fun, but exacting and time consuming....

Wallpaper is a blurred and recolored version of this:

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper_beta/details/2293/salle_de_musique_de_chambre.html

I kinda like where you're going with that VS. You plan on releasing that? The only thing that would bother me is the loss of window shadows, though.

I kinda like where you're going with that VS. You plan on releasing that? The only thing that would bother me is the loss of window shadows, though.

I'm not sure, I've never released anything. I'm still learning where all the elements are located, and I've just started using Paint.NET to compose and edit the .PNG's. Thanks for the comment though, it's encouraging to hear. Btw, there are shadows, but very minimal ones, especially the inactive window shadows. Doesn't show too well on the reduced screenie.

Well, unfortunately my health is not allowing me to be gainfully employed and I'm in the process of getting things going with Social Security Disability (for the 4TH TIME!), and I was given a Win7 32-bit DVD at an "Executive Briefing" shortly after launch - So, I had to go with the 32-bit version for the time being.

Interestingly, that patch cleared-up a few memoy management issues, allowing me to run Windows Media Player alongside the host of other apps I have running as evidenced in my latest desktop screen-cap:

[sNIPPED]

--ScottKin

Wow... you just put EVERYTHING you could throw in there? :blink:

scottdesk.jpg

--ScottKin

That's the messiest, most convoluted desktop I've ever seen. How do you work with that and not go into an Epileptic seizure?