December 2010 Desktops

Chasethebase

Will probably change to a Christmas wallpaper soon, but for now I've gone for default 7 theme with my new resolution.

capture.png

Bengal34

And how does one go about doing this "mod"? I was under the impression that the 4GB limit was fixed and not changeable.

--ScottKin

You're limited to a certain amount of RAM when using 32 or 64 bit operations. No "mod" to an operating system will change this. You only have so many tag bits in an instruction to utilize a certain amount of RAM.

Related reading material from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cache_line

SkyDX

This is off topic, but i'm curious...

why should anyone install this patch and not use the x64 Win7 version? :rolleyes:

Because maybe they didn't need 4GB RAM at first and don't want to redo everything?^^

Vvo

Because maybe they didn't need 4GB RAM at first and don't want to redo everything?^^

or maybe because they want the 4gb+ of ram without running a x64 operating system

Pallab

You're limited to a certain amount of RAM when using 32 or 64 bit operations. No "mod" to an operating system will change this. You only have so many tag bits in an instruction to utilize a certain amount of RAM.

Related reading material from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Cache_line

Not quite true. Read the linked article.

Lazure

Oh come on, people are this hard-lined about using 32-bit on 4GB systems they're willing to use unstable, untrustworthy kernel hacks and patches to try and make it work out? News flash: that crap doesn't really work. Windows and its driver models were not designed around forcing 4GB of RAM to be used on 32-bit. It's just not possible. Why do you think MS removed PAE's ability to extend the usable RAM amount back in XP? It created even more compatibility issues than simply using a 64-bit OS did.

Unkoil

Ubuntu 10.04

Theme: New Wave

Icons: Faenza-Dark

Wallpaper Link

post-255746-12917479940612.png

Windows 7 Pro x64

Wallpaper Link will find and attach here when found.

post-255746-12917481092226.jpg

furyshinobi

Inspired by the front page news ^_^

Lazure

Inspired by the front page news ^_^

Those things are so cute! hehehe. I want one!

computerdummy_5

Trying out the new Ubuntu 10.10. Dual booting it alongside of Windows 7 and just loving it.

post-69797-12917586019613.png

Grumpy Old Man

Trying out the new Ubuntu 10.10. Dual booting it alongside of Windows 7 and just loving it.

Can you share the wallpaper please?

Stingray

Mine for the moment

I want that wall! Do you have it in 1920x1200?

YounGMessiah

Anyone know where I can find full icon packs for Windows 7? Tired of these old Microsoft looking folders and etc..

Here is mine for December

Windows 7 Pro x64

Wallpaper Link will find and attach here when found.

WP for your WIN7??

Stingray

Mine for the moment

Can anyone provide me with a link to this wall?

Titoist

Wallpaper: One of the OSX provided ones.

post-183823-12919230249206.png