[Official] CR-48 ChromeOS Laptop Shipment-Tracking

If not planning to give alot of them out why would Google have gotten 60,000 of the unbranded units since they are not going to sell those units?

And yes I do expect them to keep a number in reserve for broken laptops and for comercials.

Maybe the new batch he didn't parse the zips from...

There's one from the new batch showing for my ZIP code, so maybe it is just the ones for his city having problems.

If not planning to give alot of them out why would Google have gotten 60,000 of the unbranded units since they are not going to sell those units?

And yes I do expect them to keep a number in reserve for broken laptops and for comercials.

Partners, Events, Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers..... :rofl:

Sigh... Doesn't look like they are shipping out 60,000 Chrome notebooks... According to http://www.fastcompany.com/1709864/how-to-get-your-limited-edition-google-chrome-cr-48-notebook looks like only thousands are going out but not tens of thousands... They also said not to get your hopes up... Well I didn't think I would get one, but it's that hype they built up, and it irritates me they did that. I'm not buying a Chrome notebook later next year, I'd rather get something else. But if one is handed out to me to test, then hell yeah I'd use it and mess around with it. Nothing has come to my zip code, and some don't even have zip codes, they just say they are going to Pittsburgh... By now I'm sure there are tons of applications so I can't put another in, because so many others are probably better applications. :(

I'd take that article with a large helping of salt, because we already know that some of it is not accurate. For one, they have already shipped out well over 8,000 laptops in just the first few batches, and they are still taking applications for another 6 days (who knows how long it will take them to actually ship the ones they plan on giving out?).

And this statement:

Location, however, plays into the process. Google wants to test a diverse sampling of users, meaning if someone in your area (or office) has already received one, you're probably out of luck.
is quite clearly wrong, since some cities are getting massive numbers of them (including your city, which has recieved over 50), while other cities have so far got next to none (mine for example, which is the capital and largest city in my state, has only gotten 2, with a handful more in the surrounding metro area). As for your city, I'm only seeing 5 out of that 50+ results that don't show a ZIP code.

I'd take that article with a large helping of salt, because we already know that some of it is not accurate. For one, they have already shipped out well over 8,000 laptops in just the first few batches, and they are still taking applications for another 6 days (who knows how long it will take them to actually ship the ones they plan on giving out?).

And this statement: is quite clearly wrong, since some cities are getting massive numbers of them, while other cities have so far got next to none (mine for example, which is the capital and largest city in my state, has only gotten 2, with a handful more in the surrounding metro area).

I agree, this again is some random site claiming stuff that has already been shown to be inaccurate.

I applied for one using the "Advanced" form on December 10th (last Friday) and hadn't seen any more shipping to my location on December 13th (Monday) so applied again using the "Basic" form (the one from Chrome), I just checked today and there are two more shipments listed as ground service to my city. Does anyone know if you can ask UPS if there are any packages in route to ones' address or have a package redirected say because one went on holiday/vacation and will not be home?

I applied for one using the "Advanced" form on December 10th (last Friday) and hadn't seen any more shipping to my location on December 13th (Monday) so applied again using the "Basic" form (the one from Chrome), I just checked today and there are two more shipments listed as ground service to my city. Does anyone know if you can ask UPS if there are any packages in route to ones' address or have a package redirected say because one went on holiday/vacation and will not be home?

Without the tracking number no, and the other question no. Unless you get some person who just does not give a crap and wants to be fired.

Still nothing looking like it is coming anywhere near where i live. Still nothing to complain about though I mean its a free device that would normally cost a couple Hundred $

Is all this still US only? :-/

Yes, it is. They partnered with Verizon for the 3G service, so I really doubt that the 3G would even work outside the US (Verizon isn't GSM).

OK... tracking this thing has become a bit ridiculous for me. I'm now having dreams (or nightmares) about it. Last night I had a dream that I was in Hawaii and that UPS some how found a way to deliver my netbook to my hotel room. When I opened the box I see the netbook but i also find cutlery in there... No clue why it was there. There were like 4-5 pieces of each in there. I was in the process of taking all the cutlery out when I woke up to the sound of a text. Google has done it now. They have performed inception on me. :D

The package I've been tracking is out for delivery. I hope it's me. :)

The package I've been tracking is out for delivery. I hope it's me. :)

Good luck. I'm hoping that the one coming to my ZIP code tomorrow is for me or my wife (I registered for one under each of our Gmail addresses). Either way, it is going to be an early Christmas present for her.

How are you tracking the package, if all links have been removed from the tracker site?

It's from the 3rd shipment. The ref numbers were released publicly. I found the one that's coming out to my zip code and have been tracking ever since. There is another package coming to my zip code on the tracker but I don't have the ref or tracking number for it.

How are you tracking the package, if all links have been removed from the tracker site?

Perhaps it was one of the ones that was shipped before they removed the tracking numbers, and he copied down the number or bookmarked it?

edit: lol, I was right, and we posted at the same time

Oh I see. What is the difference between ground & overnight shipping? If a package is headed to my zip code by ground, does it mean I won't get it before 10:30AM, like an overnight shipment would?