[Official] CR-48 ChromeOS Laptop Shipment-Tracking

Hopfully UPS will be waking me up tomorrow morning...

I'm hoping that by the time I come home tomorrow I'll have a package waiting for me, or at the latest tomorrow evening I'll be hearing the signature squeaky brakes of a UPS truck pulling in front of my house. :p

Hey anyone apply on the 18th? I have almost no hope of getting one because of that.

Not necessarily true. I'm sure they kept sign-ups open until the 21st for a reason. I personally think it would be stupid of google to only seriously consider the sign-ups from early on. They should pick based on compatibility for the pilot program regardless of sign-up date.

If it was sign up date then I would've got mine already.

Same here, but I hope they don't read an application and then simply discard it by which sign-up date it is grouped with. If that's the case, then it would make sense to sign-up once a day.

Dude, Verizon's normal netbook data plan that you would pay $35-40 a month for is only 200MB a month (if I remember correctly from a month ago when I was shopping for a 3G netbook), and you are getting half of that for free if you get selected for this. Talk about arrogant whining!!!

edit: Looks like they have changed their netbook plans, they now only offer a $50 a month plan to start with 5GB per month.

I'm not arrogant at all. Just saying that if they're offering something for free to test, they should up the limits. Not much can be done with 100mb these days.

I'm not arrogant at all. Just saying that if they're offering something for free to test, they should up the limits. Not much can be done with 100mb these days.

Something for free is better than nothing for free.

That's why they have Wifi on them as well, and remember that you also get access to all of Verizon's Wifi hotspots too (well, people on regular data plans with Verizon do, I'm assuming that people in this pilot program will as well).

UPS came to my street and left, :(

It's disheartening, Google really should have notified the people that got it so that they could be sure to be there, but they screwed up and now people are in situations like yours. I'm in your situation, my city appeared, with today as it's delivery date, but so far nothing, and if I knew it was or wasn't coming, I wouldn't be sitting here waiting for the stupid thing.

Also, can someone tell me if this website that tracks it is legit or not? I mean how do they tell? I mean for all I know, it could be shipping purely by weight, to that zipcode, which means that it really isn't working all that well. He's probably doing it purely for money, and trolling.

I'm in the same boat. There's one that's supposed to be delivered to my zip today. I'm waiting to see if it's me. The tracker site doesn't say anything about being delivered yet but the ETA is today.

I'll be waiting for it until the tracker site says it's been delivered. I really want to test one of these out.

I've given up hope on getting one, if I get one I'll be happy, there has been several shipped to my zip and none for me.

My guess is that this tracker isn't fully legitimate, I believe they're pulling zipcodes and dates out of their arse.

has there been any progress on the tracker. for my zip at least it hasnt updated any packages since the 15 or 16th

If you look at the tracker it clearly states when it was last updated

Scanned: 12/20/10 11:55 CST (1 minute ago)

Updated: 12/20/10 11:55 CST (1 minute ago)

This doesn't mean that he is able to pick up all of the packages out there however.

There is a thread her http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2459200&page=59 where the gentleman who created the tracker constantly posts updates.

Here is his last post

Quote from VyseTheLegend :

Will the reference number help you find any more, or is this reference "formula" already applied to the tracker?

It won't help me find any more from that ship date. I am fairly certain all of those are in the tracker. Right now I am looking for reference/tracking info for any packages shipped 12/17 or later.

reply:

However, the additional reference number may help those that are trying to find a pattern in order to be able to mathematically determine the rest of the reference numbers, and then be able to get at the actual tracking numbers. Personally, I gave up on trying to figure it out.

Quote from SilverZero :

Looks like no new shipments went out late last week (per the tracker - maybe they got under the radar), ...

reply:

I suspect that there was a shipment on Fri (12/17) but that they changed things up again, so they won't be in the tracker until someone posts (or PMs me) a reference/tracking number from that batch.

If you look at the tracker it clearly states when it was last updated

Scanned: 12/20/10 11:55 CST (1 minute ago)

Updated: 12/20/10 11:55 CST (1 minute ago)

This doesn't mean that he is able to pick up all of the packages out there however.

Sorry but when I asked the question I had looked at the tracker and it had not updated for today it was still showing for the 16th