Introducing the Member badge

I agree that we might need to rethink the status of members that are still active for more than 5 years though.

That would be cool. :) (Y)

Also here is the updated templates for members and mvc

post-1912-0-00684800-1293715108.png

The updated member badge you uploaded doesn't match the one that can be automatically generated by the forum. Yours is more brownish, while the automatically generated one is more black/greyish. Do you by any chance have an empty version of the black/grey one?

No I like the veteran one, kinda stands out from others. Now only if Subscriber & Subscriber 2 are different colors. :whistle:

Darker orange and a two added. It looks fine as is. That'd said get an orange as beautiful as the MVC blue and I would be in love.

Vet badge looks great also, nice distinction for 'em.

[...]

I'd like to comment, now that everyone and anyone has a badge, why not remove the "group" part under the badge, isn't it quite redundant?

[...]

I think that would look much cleaner.

should just say "pleb" :D

I also agree with this :devil:

I don't get the big deal about this badge. It is not like the "member" badge is a new status symbol or shows some special achievement...

Really having the "badge" and the "Group" right next to each other seems like repeating the same message twice...only one is more "flashy" than the other.

I don't get the big deal about this badge. It is not like the "member" badge is a new status symbol or shows some special achievement...

Really having the "badge" and the "Group" right next to each other seems like repeating the same message twice...only one is more "flashy" than the other.

+1

Said once, i'll say it again, redundant!

I think it detracts from the other badges - mods, admins, mvc, subs, have had a badge for a while now and it seems to me the new member badge detracts from the other catetgories. I see a badge, and am used to knowing that it is someone who has been promoted, or paid to support the site (Usually meaning they are trust worthy).

Maybe it's just a time thing and people will get used to it.