Preferred Launcher App?

279 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite launcher?

• LauncherPro
    • ADW Launcher (Default CM6 Launcher)
    • Zeam Launcher
    • Go Launcher
    • Sense Stock Launcher
    • Android Stock Launcher (Whatever ships with stock Android carrier based ROMs)

Launcher Pro but would be handy to find a way of locking it, so it can't be customised further - mum keeps resizing and deleting widgets by accident.

Also , they need to get rid of the bugs it has.

I moved over to LauncherPro, and so far I've stuck with it so I guess it's my preferred choice. But it seems quite buggy to me so I might be switching to something else sometime soon.

Another vote for launcher pro, and I like the widgets as well, add back some of the usefulness of Sense.

LauncherPro......I have tried only it, ADW, and the stock launcher. ADW is nice, but it just doesn't feel quite right for some reason. I have heard about Zeam, and from the looks of it, it is almost just like LauncherPro, but even more minimalistic (I don't need to resize widgets and the other bloat that comes with the free version of LauncherPro).....I have read that it apparently drained one persons battery life like crazy but chances are it wasn't the launcher (or it was something like an app killer killing it and the app restarting constantly).

Anyone else use/have used Zeam and have any extra insight about it?

LauncherPro

ADWEX was nice and all but it was way more Eye Candy than anything else in my opinion. Scrolling Dock & Swipe Gestures are two things I love with LPP that ADWEX does not have. I can't wait to see what the new re-worked version of LPP that the developer has been talking about.

Another vote for Launcher Pro. I've played with all the most popular launcher apps in the market (ADW, Zeam, Go Launcher), and while some have good features (like being better on resources), LP is just the most "polished" IMO. The ability to customize certain aspects of the home screens is nice, and the widgets included in the paid version are well done.

I have been a LauncherPro (paid version) user for a few months... And I loved it. I have now switched to Go Launcher because I was having issues with LP where everytime I would go back to the home screen, I would have to wait 30+ seconds for my icons to appear, which was a huge deal breaker to me. To be honest, I never had that issues until I updated my OS from 2.1 to 2.2. I guess my Motorola Milestone doesn't have enough RAM to handle LP without reloading everytime. I played with the memory settings of LP a lot, and I wasn't able to achieve what I wanted.

GO Launcher is very light, and love the side scrolling drawer, how easy it is to re-organize your home screens, and how fast it is !

GO Launcher is the way to go for me right now, and I'll reconcider LP or any launcher when I get a device with more RAM.

I prefer sense, but been currently trying to adapt to launcher pro (bought plus version as gonna try stick with it) due to it being faster and stuff and seems nicer to use.

Sense's stock launcher. I've tried to use LauncherPro for a day but I just couldn't get used to it for some reason. Plus I basically like the way Sense's stock launcher looks. It doesn't need customizations and it works out of the box without bugs etc.

Installed Zeam and Go Launcher (long-time LauncherPro user), Zeam seemed good, but virtually identical to LauncherPro other than a few minor things that seemed more difficult to do, it did seem faster, but not very much so. Go Launcher on the other hand....wow....if it continues how it has since I installed it today, LauncherPro doesn't stand a chance. Adding apps from the app grid to the homescreen is slightly slower than others because you go from the app grid, to the homescreen previews, to the homescreen you want it on (instead of it falling back to the last homescreen you were on), then you reposition it. Resizable widgets without buying it, along with many other changes from LP that are actually an improvement IMO.

For example, you can drag and drop homescreens in Go Launcher to re-organize them (so if you want to change the position of homescreen 1 and 4, you don't have to manually move all the widgets/icons, you simply drag and drop the screens in the homescreen preview). You can also create folders in the app grid and add whatever apps you want to them, you can sort the app grid, etc. I have a folder for games to separate out all my games, and a folder for junk that essentially hides all the built-in apps I do not use (not as smooth as hiding an app entirely via LP, but it works and it allows better organization of all you other apps). The app grid also acts as a task killer (not an automatic kill all tasks but as a select a specific task you wish to force close/stop from running currently).

In short, the app grid and organization abilities in Go Launcher cannot be beat by LauncherPro, ADW, Zeam, or the stock solutions, while Go still has many similar features to the other solutions. At worst it is on par with all the others, but the organization abilities bring it out wait on top IMHO.

^The app sorting in the application drawer is something that I've longed for in Android. Too bad Sense doesn't have the ability to do that. Oh well, I've got a home screen containing a few folders made withSmart Shortcuts. I wanted to have different icons for each folder and Smart Shortcuts seemed to be the perfect solution for that.

I've used LauncherPro for a while now, but after reading this thread I decided to try Go Launcher and I have to say that I'm very impressed. I miss the LauncherPro widgets, but the speed that comes with Go Launcher almost makes up for it.

I'm excited to see what changes Launcher Pro comes up with when the rewrite is released.

I prefer Sense UI but never really used any other.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out!

Wow, that was quick, I was about to tell you :p.

You should keep in mind though that you won't be able to use any HTC Sense widgets in any other launcher except the Sense launcher.

Wow, that was quick, I was about to tell you :p.

You should keep in mind though that you won't be able to use any HTC Sense widgets in any other launcher except the Sense launcher.

Well thanks for the tip! :)