Topic Preview hover added to forums

Go hover on a topic title in any forum, and see a spiffy preview of it!

Timan is still messing about with the style of it, but it works. (Y)

PS: Topic preview doesn't work on topics you've just read and have no further (new) posts.

Cool, I could really use that feature in the mini spy, and latest community activity. That's where I click most of the cryptic topic titles. I wish people would be more descriptive.

Cool, I could really use that feature in the mini spy, and latest community activity. That's where I click most of the cryptic topic titles. I wish people would be more descriptive.

Yeah, putting this feature in the Spy would be a handy addition. :yes:

Sometimes you find pretty good threads you wouldn't click on if the title were well descriptive... :)

Glassed Silver:mac

Putting it in the Mini Spy will fail, because as you are loading a topic preview, another topic comes into the Spy and bam.. it's disappears, or the link isn't there anymore :p

Awesome... Now if only you can remove Forum Post that Guest can not get into from the Forum Most Recently Posted List on the home page :p Sure is annoying to click on a link when not signed in and not have access to it, though it is displayed on the home page... Not sure if it is something you guys cared about, but it irks me a tad lol.

Awesome... Now if only you can remove Forum Post that Guest can not get into from the Forum Most Recently Posted List on the home page :p Sure is annoying to click on a link when not signed in and not have access to it, though it is displayed on the home page... Not sure if it is something you guys cared about, but it irks me a tad lol.

Yeah that's a bug, which I have reported.

How do you turn it off???

Most annoying thing ever!! If I want to read the post I will click into the post/thread -- I don't need **** like that popping up when My mouse lingers for too long..

Most annoying thing ever!! If I want to read the post I will click into the post/thread -- I don't need **** like that popping up when My mouse lingers for too long..

Welcome to the new Web. More images and scripts make everything more reliable and faster!

The time that it takes for it to appear is a decent length, I wouldn't leave my cursor on a link unless I specifically wanted to click it.

The time that it takes for it to appear is a decent length, I wouldn't leave my cursor on a link unless I specifically wanted to click it.

In which case you proceed and click it, not wait for a preview.

regardless of delay -- is there a way to disable it?? I looked in the forum settings in my profile and did not see one. If not guess time to write a greasemonkey script ;)

edit: Ok got it fixed ;) Just blocked this js "https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/ips.hovercard.js"

Should still make it a setting users can turn off in their profile.