Topic Preview hover added to forums

This. Can we disable it? It's annoying as hell.

Read through the thread again, BudMan already provided people with the way to turn it off if they don't like it.

Read through the thread again, BudMan already provided people with the way to turn it off if they don't like it.

I read "work around". No need to read through the thread AGAIN, but thanks. My question still stands.

I read "work around". No need to read through the thread AGAIN, but thanks. My question still stands.

Well in that case the answer is "no." It can't be disabled via an option at the moment. But if you don't like it, you're not going to have any plans to reactivate in the future so you may as well block the .js that BudMan pointed out and forget all about it. :)

Sometimes you find pretty good threads you wouldn't click on if the title were well descriptive... :)

Glassed Silver:mac

This is true at times :) But I still think I'd rather know. People need to work on their topic titles :angry:

Putting it in the Mini Spy will fail, because as you are loading a topic preview, another topic comes into the Spy and bam.. it's disappears, or the link isn't there anymore :p

Gotcha, but we could still get it for "latest community activity" on the front page? But I do agree with BudMan, it should be a user selectable feature.

regardless of delay -- is there a way to disable it?? I looked in the forum settings in my profile and did not see one. If not guess time to write a greasemonkey script ;)

edit: Ok got it fixed ;) Just blocked this js "https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/ips.hovercard.js"

Should still make it a setting users can turn off in their profile.

Thanks, I may or may not block it. I'll see how I get on with it for a while.

This is true at times :) But I still think I'd rather know. People need to work on their topic titles :angry:

[...]

I'm with you there...

Glassed Silver:mac

On the "New Content" page it doesn't show up on hover, you have to click that icon that shows up.

Also the preview does not include what's in the

tags, so sometimes it shows up as empty or just with a link to the story.

Yeah, thanks Dark, Budman contacted me via PM and walked me through installing Ad Block to my Chrome, and adding the two lines to it. Those popups are now gone.

How do you turn it off???

Most annoying thing ever!! If I want to read the post I will click into the post/thread -- I don't need **** like that popping up when My mouse lingers for too long..

Couldn't have said it better myself.

regardless of delay -- is there a way to disable it?? I looked in the forum settings in my profile and did not see one. If not guess time to write a greasemonkey script ;)

edit: Ok got it fixed ;) Just blocked this js "https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/ips.hovercard.js"

Should still make it a setting users can turn off in their profile.

Thanks Budman, worked like a charm. I was also getting annoyed. I was hovering my mouse over threads and this box kept popping up. I knew it was a new feature. But every time it popped up it wasn't because I wanted it to, it's because my mouse stayed on a thread title alitlte bit too long. Each time I was like #I))(@(!!!##$

lol Can't make everyone happy.

Cool feature though. :) Will take a little getting use to, making sure my mouse isn't over a link when I pause to read titles, but could come in handy :)