Topic Preview hover added to forums

How do you disable this thing?

Wow do you not read a couple posts before or do you go by life like that?

Wow do you not read a couple posts before or do you go by life like that?

Nope, I haven't read anything here and please if you don't want to say how, don't answer to people's post next time. :)

I believe im entitled as much as you did. Why should I repeat an answer thats found in two or more pages..

I believe im entitled as much as you did. Why should I repeat an answer thats found in two or more pages..

Don't bother to post then. Leave someone else that have the knowledge and will to answer what other people have asked.

Don't bother to post then. Leave someone else that have the knowledge and will to answer what other people have asked.

yeah, but what your not realizing is your question has been answered SEVERAL times, go back a page or 2 you'll find it pretty much right away

no offense but you're just finding a really bad excuse to be lazy

"Wow do you not read a couple posts before or do you go by life like that?"

Instead of this comment of yours that shows how respectless you are you could have said your question has been answered go back and take a look, but no you just wanted to be smart and say what you said that is why I start to be a jerk towards you. And again I say if you do not want to help people and do not have the will don't bother to answer to people's post.

@brandon212

He could have said that from the bigining that I can find my answer 2/3 pages back. I am not lazy I just wanted to argue with him because his answer was not a proper answer. Think of that someone answers you when you're asking someone, wouldn't that **** you off? But no worries now, I already found my answer and do not need an answer from people like him.

Your still on this? Get a life and your right,no respect!

Very though guy!

Chrome adblock works different..

add these 2 rules

www.neowin.net###pu_____hover___topicPreview_popup

www.neowin.net##.popupWrapper

add these 2 rules

Worked perfectly...thanks!

Not sure why we have to go to these lengths to disable this. Be nice if there was an option to turn it off.

I agree 100%, there should be a simple option to disable this feature -- your forcing your users to install AD blocking software because you enable what many feel is a stupid feature.. Someone clearly did not think this through before enabling such a feature.

Its does not take a rocket scientist or someone with a degree in human behavior to understand that **** popping up on a website if my mouse happens to linger too long on a spot is going to annoy the F out of decent portion of your userbase ;)

add these 2 rules

Works Great, thanks! :)

• 3 months later...

add these 2 rules

Perfect. This doesn't block any other adds on Neowin so it's allowed I suppose?

I take back what I said earlier. The topic preview is actually MORE annoying on my desktop than on my netbook, since it now seems to pop up the instant that I put my mouse pointer over a link to a forum thread (on my netbook, it takes a couple of seconds before it pops up).

edit: it seems to only be instant on a topic that I've looked at before but that has new replies. I'm thinking that it is cacheing something on my system and poping up faster in those cases.

I agree, it is very annoying.

It was disabled completely, it will be back in a different form with 3.2.0.

The new 3.2.0 way is much better indeed. Thanks for the heads up and for hearing the community about the current method.