Topic Preview hover added to forums

caerma -- read through the thread, the .js to block is listed - if you need walk through help, just PM and happy to help.

As I stated Im all for new features, etc. and that is great - but something that is going to popup a window if your mouse lingers too long really should be a selectable feature and not something forced upon the user base.

caerma -- read through the thread, the .js to block is listed - if you need walk through help, just PM and happy to help.

As I stated Im all for new features, etc. and that is great - but something that is going to popup a window if your mouse lingers too long really should be a selectable feature and not something forced upon the user base.

If you are going to say that much you might as well just quote yourself, or at least tell him what page it's on.

regardless of delay -- is there a way to disable it?? I looked in the forum settings in my profile and did not see one. If not guess time to write a greasemonkey script ;)

edit: Ok got it fixed ;) Just blocked this js "https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/ips.hovercard.js"

Should still make it a setting users can turn off in their profile.

There ya go!

lol Can't make everyone happy.

Of course they COULD. It is called giving people an option to turn the feature on or off at will, instead of requiring them to install an ad blocker just to block it. I don't mind it on my desktop, but it is ****ing annoying on my netbook when browsing through the forums.

I take back what I said earlier. The topic preview is actually MORE annoying on my desktop than on my netbook, since it now seems to pop up the instant that I put my mouse pointer over a link to a forum thread (on my netbook, it takes a couple of seconds before it pops up).

edit: it seems to only be instant on a topic that I've looked at before but that has new replies. I'm thinking that it is cacheing something on my system and poping up faster in those cases.

regardless of delay -- is there a way to disable it?? I looked in the forum settings in my profile and did not see one. If not guess time to write a greasemonkey script ;)

edit: Ok got it fixed ;) Just blocked this js "https://www.neowin.net/forum/public/js/ips.hovercard.js"

Should still make it a setting users can turn off in their profile.

How do I block this JS with Firefox, I downloaded GreaseMonkey or whatever and cant figure it out!?

How do I block this JS with Firefox, I downloaded GreaseMonkey or whatever and cant figure it out!?

You need to use Adblocker not greasemonkey

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to disable also, it's an annoyance to me.

What is annoying, how people do not read posts before their post to see how to disable it.......

Nuff Said

Its pretty ironic if you ask me -- neowin pretty much frowns on the use of adblockers, and then they put in a nonsense feature that clearly quite a few people are unhappy about and the only way to disable the feature is with the adblockers they are not so happy with.

Hmmm let me see something POPS up on the web site -- does not take a rocket scientist to figure out prob quite a few people wont like it.

To be honest if there was no way to disable it -- I would be done with neowin, I despise the feature that much!!! Remove it or have simple easy way for users to disable it!

Reword that - you should not have to disable it, it should be disabled by default - and if you want it - you can enable it.

O_o I can't believe how many people are so badly bothered by this. I guess the browsing habits are very different from mine--I never even noticed this feature until I just now went looking for it. I don't normally stay on links long enough for it to pop up...

Its pretty ironic if you ask me -- neowin pretty much frowns on the use of adblockers, and then they put in a nonsense feature that clearly quite a few people are unhappy about and the only way to disable the feature is with the adblockers they are not so happy with.

Hmmm let me see something POPS up on the web site -- does not take a rocket scientist to figure out prob quite a few people wont like it.

To be honest if there was no way to disable it -- I would be done with neowin, I despise the feature that much!!! Remove it or have simple easy way for users to disable it!

Reword that - you should not have to disable it, it should be disabled by default - and if you want it - you can enable it.

exactly!

• 2 weeks later...