ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

England should have won this one.. this result will do a world of good to the confidence still..

India prob has the best batting and worst balling lineup out of all the teams that will get to the quarter final...

Agreed on both counts, I still think making 338 batting second was a pretty exceptional achievement however. At least there are signs for England that we do indeed have the armoury to mix it with the very best teams in this cup.

Agreed on both counts, I still think making 338 batting second was a pretty exceptional achievement however. At least there are signs for England that we do indeed have the armoury to mix it with the very best teams in this cup.

In the subcontinent, specially India its not very hard to chase a total in day-night games coz the dew in the evening makes it hard to grip the ball and also makes it soft and the pitches are all batting tracks.. still you have to keep your head and keep going in the heat and humidity..

In the subcontinent, specially India its not very hard to chase a total in day-night games coz the dew in the evening makes it hard to grip the ball and also makes it soft and the pitches are all batting tracks.. still you have to keep your head and keep going in the heat and humidity..

well, it works the other way to there's reverse swing that comes into play making batting a bit harder.

England has Strauss. That's it. He's the most exceptional player on the side. England lost because the rest of the team was mediocre.

Strauss batted for the whole team.

India is not going to win the world cup with the bowling they have. They need up pull up their socks and be decent at bowling and in the field.

Exactly what i've been worried about. Sometimes they just can't keep it tight and give runs away far too easily.

England has Strauss. That's it. He's the most exceptional player on the side. England lost because the rest of the team was mediocre.

Strauss batted for the whole team.

I disagree. Strauss was star man this time, but we have people like Bell, Pietersen, Prior, Collingwood (admittedly not in great form ATM) all with a lot of talent.

Also, Chrome gave me a message about a malware site in this thread

Oh dear, England. Congrats to Ireland and especially Kevin O'Brien though. Coming back from 111-5. Fastest century and also i think the highest run chase in World Cup history.

Wow!!! What a win for Ireland :D thats cricket for you.. you are over the moon one day and back down to earth the next.. I think England felt they had won the match after scoring 300+ and then getting 5 quick wickets complacency crept in. Credit to Ireland though for not giving up and exposing the holes in England's bowling and fielding.. I think this is a better win than the one over Pakistan in 2007 WC... great innings from O' Brien and Mooney at the end..

On another note... did anyone else catch this story?

BREAKING NEWS: Ajmal Shehzad ISI agent state Indian officials - ICC World Cup 2011

England probably has the worst bowling lineup in this WC ( among test playing nations).. What are they in doing in subcontinent with so many pacers?.. Its hard to win a game here without decent spinner and england only got one..

so i went to sleep last night when it was 4-110 thought dam bad collapse on the way. Woke up to this......****. England now seem to have the opposite problem they had in Aus. Both aus and england have been playing on different pitches so it will take time BUT this loss will set them wayback.

England probably has the worst bowling lineup in this WC ( among test playing nations).. What are they in doing in subcontinent with so many pacers?.. Its hard to win a game here without decent spinner and england only got one..

Not the case, we have been using Yardy as well.

uh what... broad and anderson by stats over the past two years are some of the best in the world. swann is one of the best spinners. Australia is the only team with a full pace attack. Every other team have a full-time spinner. Only the subcontinent teams have two frontline spinner every other team have a frontline and lesser known newer spinner.

Wow!!! What a win for Ireland :D thats cricket for you.. you are over the moon one day and back down to earth the next.. I think England felt they had won the match after scoring 300+ and then getting 5 quick wickets complacency crept in. Credit to Ireland though for not giving up and exposing the holes in England's bowling and fielding.. I think this is a better win than the one over Pakistan in 2007 WC... great innings from O' Brien and Mooney at the end..

On another note... did anyone else catch this story?

BREAKING NEWS: Ajmal Shehzad ISI agent state Indian officials - ICC World Cup 2011

did you miss this part at the end of the article?

This article is a work of fiction.

uh what... broad and anderson by stats over the past two years are some of the best in the world. swann is one of the best spinners. Australia is the only team with a full pace attack. Every other team have a full-time spinner. Only the subcontinent teams have two frontline spinner every other team have a frontline and lesser known newer spinner.

I am talking about current form.. England gave up most run compared to any other country in their last 5 ODI's (333 OZ, 279 OZ, 292 NET, 338 IND, 327 IRE)..

I am talking about current form.. England gave up most run compared to any other country in their last 5 ODI's (333 OZ, 279 OZ, 292 NET, 338 IND, 327 IRE)..

Yeh by form they are rubbish.... by stats they are decent. i hope they get knocked out first round or go to the end so other teams have an easy path but they are well on their way.

I am not sure about the malware, i have copy pasted the ICC Cricket Logo and Time-Table from wwwdotfulllytimepassdotcom..

It's my mistake if that site has a malware...

On the topic, this world cup is getting interesting, some good matches, one fantastic tie game and one or two unexpected result i.e Bangladesh bowled out for 58 runs by West Indies..

Edit : First Post edited..

Zimbabwe are the only team in this world cup with 5 genuine spinners in the playing 11..

Ray Price opened the bowling for them in the last 2 games and has been brilliant..

Not surprisingly, their bowling rate is impressive, 18 overs an hour!

Zimbabwe are the only team in this world cup with 5 genuine spinners in the playing 11..

Ray Price opened the bowling for them in the last 2 games and has been brilliant..

Not surprisingly, their bowling rate is impressive, 18 overs an hour!

nice knit picking but i dont consider zimbabwe a team :p

just gotta say that Tahir is really earning his money/reputation for our team, SA raped Netherlands like by 231 runs :D