ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

starbearer

Hard to comprehend the mania that has gripped the country(India,that is),even by our usual standards.The hype is unbelievable.

The audience for this one particular match is expected to top a billion,and then some.

red.

Heard some stats on BBC Breakfast this morning. Apparently 60% of all the white collar workers in India have taken the day off. And there's supposed to be 1.2bn viewers in India and 300m in Pakistan.

Don't think some people here at work realise just how big this match is :D

Hulos
...and 300m in Pakistan.
Pakistan's population is around 170 million :rolleyes: Very big match nonetheless.
starbearer

Ah,India has won the toss and has elected to bat.

Let's see what the famed Pakistani bowling line-up can do against the best batting side in the world!

Game on!

red.

Pakistan's population is around 170 million :rolleyes: Very big match nonetheless.

Haha. Not sure what that guy was on about then.

Zain Adeel

OMG.. THE MATCH IS A GO!

Zain Adeel

first 2 overs the bowlers havent bowled anything special yet. I think the batsmen gona kick their butt in the next few overs if they dont control their line better

guru

That must the lousiest batting ever in world cup by any team.... :angry:

red.

Pakistan to win this easily.

Zain Adeel

let see. I am really disappointed with Umer Guls bowling.. but still we were able to keep them where we had planned.

-Himanshu-

How could india bat like this? Now only a miracle can save them. I don't think that 261 is going to be a difficult chase for pakistan, especially on mohali pitch.

Zain Adeel

u cant say anything yet :p

the Indian are putting some pressure after that wicket.

guru

this one is going down to the wire....

red.

Misbah's usually a good finisher and Afridi could well decide that he's going to play his odd good innings with the bat. Still not confident.

guru

Afridi's out. there's so much yelling going on here... you'd think we won :/

Misbah's usually a good finisher and Afridi could well decide that he's going to play his odd good innings with the bat. Still not confident.

yeah Misbah is quite so far can really take the match away from us. hopefully they can get him out too

acnpt

# Pakistan: 199-8 (44.5 overs)

# India: 260-9 (50.0 overs)

:woot:

guru

Misbah is batting well... 3 fours in Zaheer over ... still not over yet.

liju

And we are through to the finals and SRK will release another teaser for Ra One. :p

Techno_Funky

INDIA baby!!!!!!! Wohoooooooo!!! :woot:

Kralik

Pakistan top order just commited suicide.. Indian bowling had nothing special to it.. poor shot selection and schoolboy criciket by some of the batsmen there..

Duffydemon

BUUUURAAAA!!!

Chakk de fatte India!!

INDIA WON!!

guru

Pakistan top order just commited suicide.. Indian bowling had nothing special to it.. poor shot selection and schoolboy criciket by some of the batsmen there..

you got to be kidding me. The first wide was in the 37th over. thats pretty accurate bowling. All 5 bowlers got 2 wickets. so the bowling was good enough to win the match. who'd have thought India could win a match for its bowling ha

psreloaded

You should have seen Azhar Mehmood's face on Sky Sports. :D

Even Shahid Afridi took it sportingly. Looking at Mehmood's face you'd think India had dropped a nuke on Lahore. :p

Makes me beleive it was more than a game for some like Mehmood.

Zain Adeel

lols :p

we lost ...

anyhow.. really professional game from the Indians.

They werent super. But they were playing with their brains. They had a PLAN.. thats it. Goodluck for the final :)

it was fun!..

i hope they come to Pakistan for a series.