ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

Subject Delta

Pakistan should have been able to chase that total easily. The Sri Lankan openers will give India's bowlers a real stern test though, they are in fantastic form at the moment. Should be a good final

Kralik

you got to be kidding me. The first wide was in the 37th over. thats pretty accurate bowling. All 5 bowlers got 2 wickets. so the bowling was good enough to win the match. who'd have thought India could win a match for its bowling ha

That's because the Pakistani openers chased 2 wide balls and got out.. it was just bizarre to see how Hafeez got out.. Asad Shafiq again played a bad shot on a ball that was not there to be cut.. the senior batsmen Younis and Misbah played poorly.. Younis got out playing an irresponsible shot.. he should have taken the burden on his shoulders and Misbah was opposite, played too slow and Shahid Afridi, A Razzaq etc did not fire the whole tournament.. they could not score 200 on Canada for crying out loud.. if I were you I could not be in any disillusion.. Indian bowling had nothing special to it.. it was some kamikaze batting from Pakistan that won them the game.. In the end the 6 dopped catches won India the match.. had those been taken who knows what the result would have been..

Looking forward to final now.. when did a host nation last win the WC? That will happen this time for sure..

BigGiantHead

Looking forward to final now.. when did a host nation last win the WC? That will happen this time for sure..

I think it was in '96, the last time the WC was held in the sub-continent. Sri Lanka won it.

Should be an exciting final (I hope)

Mazhar

The match was good. Pakistan lost because of their own mistakes. I mean Shoaib Akhar was not playing, drop catches, Afridi's irresponsible batting yet again, avoiding the powerplay. I mean after all these mistakes, you can't win. 260 runs was not a big target. Anyway it is just a matter of game, no one should take it seriously.

red.

The match was good. Pakistan lost because of their own mistakes. I mean Shoaib Akhar was not playing, drop catches, Afridi's irresponsible batting yet again, avoiding the powerplay. I mean after all these mistakes, you can't win. 260 runs was not a big target. Anyway it is just a matter of game, no one should take it seriously.

Although if Shoaib was playing then Wahab probably wouldn't have played and he was Pakistan's best bowler.

-Himanshu-

Woohoo! India finally won! Seemed like Diwali night, with so much fireworks. Major credits to bowlers. Such disciplined game from them. Final is going to be super duper exciting! Seriously wishing that India brings the cup this time.

guru

lols :p

we lost ...

anyhow.. really professional game from the Indians.

They werent super. But they were playing with their brains. They had a PLAN.. thats it. Goodluck for the final :)

it was fun!..

i hope they come to Pakistan for a series.

i hope Pakistan comes here for a series... after the IPL :p

Although if Shoaib was playing then Wahab probably wouldn't have played and he was Pakistan's best bowler.

yeah, not to mention Shoaib is past his prime..

Final today!!!!

Zain Adeel

ooo yea..

and yes i really hope so.. I would love to see a 10 match series. 2 test 3 20 20 and 5 ODI.. INDIA vs PAKISTAN

Victor Rambo

Sri Lanka will win the world cup today. :shifty:

• Like 1
peacemf

looks like India will win :(

dam pakistani doubles............... :devil:

guru

India gave away 30 more runs than was required .. last 10 overs was a disaster

Victor Rambo

India 0-1

Sehwag is out :(

• Like 1
-Himanshu-

Damn it.

-Himanshu-

Both openers gone. What's India doing?

guru

Match is still in play...this is going to go till the end. Sri Lanka isnt giving an inch

Subject Delta

Congratulations to India

guru

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

ilovetech

Conquered!! Amazing victory!! :whistle: :happy: :jump:

-Himanshu-

Wooohooo! Finally after 28 years, India is the champion again. Seems like Deewali with all the fireworks and everyone has come out on roof and road and is shouting.

Techno_Funky

WOhoooo!!!!!! After 28 years THE WORLD CUP IS OURS wohoooo!!!! :D

Duffydemon

World cup humara hai! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dark Knight

HUM JEET GAYE (we won)!!!!! :fun: :jump: :woot:

Zoom7000

Woo Hoo! We are the World Champions again! :D

What a way to cap off a victory with a 6 - Captain's innings by MS Dhoni!

starbearer

After 28 Looooooong years!!!

Finally!

India are the WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Great captaincy/leading the men from the front,when it really mattered.

A nation exults.1.21 billion people rejoice!