• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

ICC Cricket World Cup 2011

red.    108

just gotta say that Tahir is really earning his money/reputation for our team, SA raped Netherlands like by 231 runs :D

He's really adding the missing dimension to the South African team and they're looking the team to beat at the moment. Probably a good thing they held him back and didn't play him in the last series with India. Now he's catching everyone by surprise.

Kralik    3

That's old news.. the "fans" attacked the house of Bangladesh captain Shakib Al Hassan this morning...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/8958501/bangladesh-captains-house-attacked-by-angry-fans/

On another note.. Shahid Afridi is in super form.. almost 15 wickets already :blink: Bowlers like him and Malinga are very dangerous coz they have usual style and variations..

Kralik    3

Thats horrible.

Some people take sports too seriously. :(

Thats the sub-continent for you.. cricket is not a just sport in the sub-continent..

Watching Pak-Can replay now and 3 decisions were over turned.. I love the review system.. in the old days these three obvious lbws not being given would cause the balling team the game.. just wish FIFA/UEFA do something similar in football...

fehuris    12

Thats the sub-continent for you.. cricket is not a just sport in the sub-continent..

Watching Pak-Can replay now and 3 decisions were over turned.. I love the review system.. in the old days these three obvious lbws not being given would cause the balling team the game.. just wish FIFA/UEFA do something similar in football...

The idea is good, but if such a system were introduced, then I think a stop for review will impact the game in a very adverse way. The way I see it, football is a game of speed and technique constrained by time and a stop will disrupt the flow of the game.

Great match today. I hope Sri Lanka wins :D

Subject Delta    108

I don't think having something like DRS in football would hold it up any more than stoppages for injuries and so on do. Considering what is in stake in a lot of modern professional football matches, I think it's inexcusable for teams to be potentially cost massive results because of human error, when the technology exists to make the right decision.

Subject Delta    108

That was a fantastic turnaround for us, good win against a top side. However we still have yet to put in an all around good performance with both bat and ball so hopefully that will come soon enough.

Victor Rambo    5,873

India beat Ireland by 5 wickets. :shifty:

• Like 1

guru    322

England loose to Bangladesh !!! This is turning out to be the most interesting world cup ever

fransworthhubert    0

If West Indies defeats England today, its good bye for England :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

QF's qualifier will be: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

India

West Indies

Bangladesh :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

South Africa

Crazysah    7

England won and made it through. England have been the most exciting team to watch so far in the tournament!

Subject Delta    108

England won and made it through. England have been the most exciting team to watch so far in the tournament!

It's not so much fun for those of us supporting them :laugh:

deuz    2

aus v india. i expect australia to lose on their form but one can hope otherwise.

Subject Delta    108

aus v india. i expect australia to lose on their form but one can hope otherwise.

India and Australia have the same problems IMO. Great batting lineups, weak bowling lineups, with the exception of Zaheer Khan for India, and Brett Lee for Australia. My prediction is for a very close game, I wouldn't even like to guess a potential winner.

Kralik    3

India and Australia have the same problems IMO. Great batting lineups, weak bowling lineups, with the exception of Zaheer Khan for India, and Brett Lee for Australia. My prediction is for a very close game, I wouldn't even like to guess a potential winner.

Winners of which will play Pakistan.. great bowling and so-so batting.. what a great display by the Pakistani spinners today though.. (Y) Lets see what the batsmen do now.. a good team should get 113 runs without losing any more than 2 wickets...

Kralik    3

Pakistan completely outclassed Windies today... hoping other matches are much closer...

Subject Delta    108

The windies aren't that bad, they clearly under performed. I have a sad feeling our match with Sri Lanka will be a bit one sided unless we can finally pull together a good batting and bowling performance

Kralik    3

The windies aren't that bad, they clearly under performed. I have a sad feeling our match with Sri Lanka will be a bit one sided unless we can finally pull together a good batting and bowling performance

I feel England are a very dangerous team coz of the way they got to the QF.. reminds me of how India won the WC or how Pakistan won in 1992.. no one even thought they could win.. they barley made it to semi final and then final..

Victor Rambo    5,873

India just pwned Australia. :shifty:

• Like 1

Subject Delta    108

I feel England are a very dangerous team coz of the way they got to the QF.. reminds me of how India won the WC or how Pakistan won in 1992.. no one even thought they could win.. they barley made it to semi final and then final..

If we put a good batting and bowling performance together in the same match, we can beat anyone. The only reason for our struggles so far is that we haven't managed to do that.

And it's fantastic to see Australian dominance of world cricket brought to an end, it's good for the game

Kralik    3

If we put a good batting and bowling performance together in the same match, we can beat anyone. The only reason for our struggles so far is that we haven't managed to do that.

And it's fantastic to see Australian dominance of world cricket brought to an end, it's good for the game

Once Gilchrist, McGrath and Symonds etc retired we all knew this would happen..

Zain Adeel    197

i was hoping for India to win and they did!.. just becoz i wana see Pakistan play them!.. >D and winning ofcourse!!..

We need to strengthen our batting lineup.. and we are in promising position.. Indias bowling is so so so we have a big advantage there

Kralik    3

i was hoping for India to win and they did!.. just becoz i wana see Pakistan play them!.. >D and winning ofcourse!!..

We need to strengthen our batting lineup.. and we are in promising position.. Indias bowling is so so so we have a big advantage there

But their batting is in great form.. as is Pakistan bowling.. Pakistan batting needs to be at its best if they want to win this one and the wicket keeper can afford to let those easy chances go coz Ross Taylor already showed what can happen if you give good players a second or third chance...

Zain Adeel    197

yup exactly..

all we need to do is to make sure our first 2 players stick on the pitch and make atleast 100 runs .. because if they get out in the first few overs we get under alot of pressure and the rest of the team just follows in line. On the other side Indian batting impresses me everytime. I am a big tendulkar fan!..