I've finally gotten used to flying the jets and it's SO FREAKING FUN. In one round, took out 6 tanks and 3 jets. It sucks flying with the keyboard and mouse though, because I can't maneuver as well with the mouse, but luckily there are other noob pilots :laugh:

I've finally gotten used to flying the jets and it's SO FREAKING FUN. In one round, took out 6 tanks and 3 jets. It sucks flying with the keyboard and mouse though, because I can't maneuver as well with the mouse, but luckily there are other noob pilots :laugh:

Question for you... How the hell do you shoot missiles? :blush:

I never could fly jets in the older BF games, but one round I was playing in, for whatever reason no one was taking the jet, so I said okay, I can fly up and parachute out like I always do... Except I proceeded to fly around the map the rest of the round, but all I could fire was the dame machine guns. So is it as easy as just pressing 2 on the keyboard, as I swore I tried that? Or am I missing something else that is painfully obvious?

I never could fly jets in the older BF games, but one round I was playing in, for whatever reason no one was taking the jet, so I said okay, I can fly up and parachute out like I always do... Except I proceeded to fly around the map the rest of the round, but all I could fire was the dame machine guns. So is it as easy as just pressing 2 on the keyboard, as I swore I tried that? Or am I missing something else that is painfully obvious?

Unlike BF2, you actually need to unlock the weapons for jets (e.g. air-to-air missiles, guided (air-to-ground) missiles, etc).

Like yxz said, you have to unlock them, but it doesn't take too long to get the homing missiles (they're the second unlock). Once you get some of the other unlocks like Air Radar, it becomes a little easier to find others which is always a pain if your team doesn't spot them.

Anyone played 64p Conquest on Metro, that is some crazy stuff right there, it just becomes a fight over B, highly recommend everyone tries it lol so much fun :D

Anyone played 64p Conquest on Metro, that is some crazy stuff right there, it just becomes a fight over B, highly recommend everyone tries it lol so much fun :D

Conquest in Metro is THE BEST hands down (Y)

Has anyone noticed any difference in performance with the new AMD Catalyst 11.10 that was released today?

Yep.

For the first time I played for a whole hour with out the 'crash at the end of the round'

Oh god, 64p Op. Metro is so bad it's not even funny. Easily the same amount of bull**** design decisions as with 1st stage of Vantage Point rush on BC2: Vietnam (those who have played it will understand). Awful, awful map with 64 players. Slightly better with 32 but only a tiny bit. Seems like Metro is built purely for rush and TDM with CQ being an afterthought.

Had a bit of an epiphany last night.. after an initially sour experience playing Battlefield 3 on the PS3 (not used to the control pad - much prefer keyboard and mouse but didn't want to pay up for a graphics card upgrade on my PC just yet) I got into the co-op mode with a friend of mine.

I lost about 4 hours, totally immersed in it.. absolutely brilliant fun. Only got onto the third mission (of six) but man it was SO good... I was on the edge of my seat. Brilliant game :)

^ If you suffer so much, why not get one of

and play with mouse and keyboard?

I'm sure it's going to be as funny to see the console kiddies getting owned with a superior controls in BF3, as it was in MW3:

^ If you suffer so much, why not get one of

and play with mouse and keyboard?

I'm sure it's going to be as funny to see the console kiddies getting owned with a superior controls in BF3, as it was in MW3:

I am seriously tempted but just feel I'm giving myself an unfair advantage, akin to cheating by doing that.. doesn't seem very fair!

I am seriously tempted but just feel I'm giving myself an unfair advantage, akin to cheating by doing that.. doesn't seem very fair!

I agree with this guy from

on the matter of calling this "cheating":
...lol~ using a keyboard and mouse = cheating now. ****ing love you console players. You're weak. Years you defend controllers over kb/m~ saying it's even better at times. Now it's? cheating. You guys are pathetic.

Also if this is cheating, does using a steering wheel in racing games on consoles counts as cheating too?

I agree with this guy from

on the matter of calling this "cheating":

Also if this is cheating, does using a steering wheel in racing games on consoles counts as cheating too?

That's a very good point. Never thought about the steering wheel analogy - but you're right... it does give you a massive advantage!

Like yxz said, you have to unlock them, but it doesn't take too long to get the homing missiles (they're the second unlock). Once you get some of the other unlocks like Air Radar, it becomes a little easier to find others which is always a pain if your team doesn't spot them.

Unlike BF2, you actually need to unlock the weapons for jets (e.g. air-to-air missiles, guided (air-to-ground) missiles, etc).

Thanks all. (Y)

So looks like I need to unlock those missiles... or just stick to driving the tank which is a much more likely scenario. :laugh: