I haven't got motion assist ribbons yet because i haven't hit 5+ spotted, always less than 4 heh.

You got more than 5?

No, I just wasn't aware of how short the range on it is. It's like 10 feet, if that. Whatever the case it's still completely useless because the range is so small you'll be able to see anyone who it would spot anyways.

All in all the recon kit compared to bc2 is not nearly as interesting or dynamic. All the gadgets they've given the kit are based on the theory that you're not going to to be moving around. It's lame.

Thanks all. (Y)

So looks like I need to unlock those missiles... or just stick to driving the tank which is a much more likely scenario. :laugh:

Thats my plan! I was driving around a tank minding my own business yesterday and saw a foot solder trying to RPG my tank. It did not end well for him!

Side question - is it possible for tanks to shoot down air vehicles?

No, I just wasn't aware of how short the range on it is. It's like 10 feet, if that. Whatever the case it's still completely useless because the range is so small you'll be able to see anyone who it would spot anyways.

All in all the recon kit compared to bc2 is not nearly as interesting or dynamic. All the gadgets they've given the kit are based on the theory that you're not going to to be moving around. It's lame.

You're using the motion detector wrong. You suppose to place them by the walls to detect enemies in buildings behind those walls. Not in open area, where it's really has no use (other than warn on upcoming squads and vehicles).

And recon isn't designed to stay in one spot. The only gadget that recon has that forces him to stay in one spot, is the MAV (and even that covers more ground that recon itself on foot). Everything else is designed to keep him moving and reconnaissance.

Thats my plan! I was driving around a tank minding my own business yesterday and saw a foot solder trying to RPG my tank. It did not end well for him!

Side question - is it possible for tanks to shoot down air vehicles?

Let me build on yxz's response with a HELL YES!

That is perhaps the most exciting kill a tank can get, at least IMO, when you shoot a copter (or more rare, a jet) out of the sky. I had a round in Bad Company 2 where I shot down 6 copters in one round. Was incredibly fun and exhilarating. (Y)

The best advice I can give for taking out copters is definitely "lead" the shot. It is all about trying to anticipate where they will be, at least from longer distances. It is definitely challenging when they are far away, but definitely incredibly rewarding when done properly.

Are service stars given out when there are no more upgrades? I am asking because I am still pretty new to BF but I am only lvl 16 and got my first service star for engineering and my 2nd star is shown as the next item, 145000 points from now haha. I am asking so I understand and so I can begin working on maxing other classes if only service stars are to come (from engineering).

Are service stars given out when there are no more upgrades? I am asking because I am still pretty new to BF but I am only lvl 16 and got my first service star for engineering and my 2nd star is shown as the next item, 145000 points from now haha. I am asking so I understand and so I can begin working on maxing other classes if only service stars are to come (from engineering).

They are awarded on every 100 kills with the weapon

• Like 1

You're using the motion detector wrong. You suppose to place them by the walls to detect enemies in buildings behind those walls. Not in open area, where it's really has no use (other than warn on upcoming squads and vehicles).

And recon isn't designed to stay in one spot. The only gadget that recon has that forces him to stay in one spot, is the MAV (and even that covers more ground that recon itself on foot). Everything else is designed to keep him moving and reconnaissance.

I usually drop them in places that have high traffic like payways to/from mcoms. I know how to use them and I think the range is entirely to small and the noise they make is not loud enough.

I disagree about the recon too. In BC2 with sensor balls and c4 you could tell they wanted recons moving around, it feels exactly the opposite now.

Let me build on yxz's response with a HELL YES!

That is perhaps the most exciting kill a tank can get, at least IMO, when you shoot a copter (or more rare, a jet) out of the sky. I had a round in Bad Company 2 where I shot down 6 copters in one round. Was incredibly fun and exhilarating. (Y)

The best advice I can give for taking out copters is definitely "lead" the shot. It is all about trying to anticipate where they will be, at least from longer distances. It is definitely challenging when they are far away, but definitely incredibly rewarding when done properly.

Sweeeeeet. I haven't been able to play for more than an hour at a time due to work, school and other things. Hopefully this week will be quiet and I can really get a better feel for the game :) I'm only level 3 :(

If service stars are every 100 kills then why is my 2nd engineering service star 145,000 points away. Maybe what I am asking about is different than gun service stars?because this one is 10,000 points.

You get weapon services stars. It's 100 kills for each specific weapon. They're 2 different things.

Thanks for clarifying. So since I have reached the Engineer Service Stars does that mean there are no further Engineer upgrades?

I never used a console to play video games , I always used the PC. I hear that it is far superior on a PC. Shooting and hitting your target is better,

I was a console gamer first and it has its benefits. You can sit back comfortably and play the game with a controller in your hand. I was still a beast on Halo 3 with a controller :)

Thanks for clarifying. So since I have reached the Engineer Service Stars does that mean there are no further Engineer upgrades?

No.

You'll get it every time you kill 100 enemies, with the same weapon

No.

You'll get it every time you kill 100 enemies, with the same weapon

Like I said, engineer service stars and weapon services stars are 2 different things. Quit confusing him.

Each weapon has service stars every 100 kills

Each kit has service stars after you've unlocked everything in the kit

Like I said, engineer service stars and weapon services stars are 2 different things. Quit confusing him.

Each weapon has service stars every 100 kills

Each kit has service stars after you've unlocked everything in the kit

Got it, that is how I needed it explained haha thanks guys.

I usually drop them in places that have high traffic like payways to/from mcoms. I know how to use them and I think the range is entirely to small and the noise they make is not loud enough.

I disagree about the recon too. In BC2 with sensor balls and c4 you could tell they wanted recons moving around, it feels exactly the opposite now.

Why exactly does it feels the opposite now? Just because you now have the C4 on the support class?

And maybe we just play the recon class differently; On medium maps I pack the t-ugs with me, setup the sks with the pka-s gunsight and run around with my squad max three shotting everyone, placing the spawn point on key locations and the motion detectors where the team needs them. On large maps I switch the sight on the sks to x7 (never actually tried the 12x one yet, even though I got it unlocked), change the motion detectors to soflam and then on to placing it in a middle of the map in some high place for better coverage. Then I'm moving with my squad not forgetting to hide the spawn point by the capture point after we captured it, for easier access to it later when and if it's going to tried to be recaptured. And as the soflam automatically marks targets when it's unattended, I rarely have to check up on it. But I not forget to, using its pda (you can access soflam using the pda from any point on the map, no matter how far it is from the device).

The only time I actually stop moving significantly, is really rarely on choke points like in the entrance to the bazaar itself from the alley on Grand Bazaar.

But there are no more true upgrades for the class once Ive hit the point where service stars show up as the next attainable engineer item?

Yes, once you've gotten to that point there is nothing further in the kit to unlock.

I am terrible at this game. Somehow, my squad who i'm right next to manages to stay alive, but i'll randomly get sniped from an unknown location, or a guy really far away will kill me (how do they even see me?!). I am just playing 32 player matches atm, as the 64 player matches just seem like absolute cluster ****s. Anyone have some tips on how to do better in this? I feel like i'm out skilled in both reaction time, and being able to spot people from very far away.

I am terrible at this game. Somehow, my squad who i'm right next to manages to stay alive, but i'll randomly get sniped from an unknown location, or a guy really far away will kill me (how do they even see me?!). I am just playing 32 player matches atm, as the 64 player matches just seem like absolute cluster ****s. Anyone have some tips on how to do better in this? I feel like i'm out skilled in both reaction time, and being able to spot people from very far away.

Same here bro. I, too, at times don't know how I died or from where I am getting the suppression.

Try to stay behind the cover and come out steadily aiming at the other side, where you think that goddamn camper is.

Sweeeeeet. I haven't been able to play for more than an hour at a time due to work, school and other things. Hopefully this week will be quiet and I can really get a better feel for the game :) I'm only level 3 :(

I totally can relate, as I am only a Level 5 myself, and will be for quite some time since Uncharted 3 comes out today and not only that, as you pointed out, real life comes first.

With that said, the great thing about Battlefield, is the longevity of the series. This game is going to be here for a long time to come, so we basically have all of the time in the world, and the thing I personally think they do a great job of is not making higher ranked people overwhelmingly more powerful. I can definitely hold my own with any ranked person.

I would say your teammates are making better use of cover than you, and standing near them draw attention to your location while theyre shooting hints why a "random" kill is actually just a sniper setting up shop. Also "how did they see me" you have to realize some people have massive scopes, especially if you not coming from a sniper class you might not realise just how far they can zoom in. I would also suggest peaking through small areas, much safer, under trucks too - been getting quite a few people that way. Game type youre playing would also help us help you (unless I missed it).

the great thing about Battlefield, is the longevity of the series. This game is going to be here for a long time to come, so we basically have all of the time in the world, and the thing I personally think they do a great job of is not making higher ranked people overwhelmingly more powerful. I can definitely hold my own with any ranked person.

(Y)

Another thing, on XBL is there any way to guarantee you will actually be on the same team? My roommates and I squad up and get in an XBL party, so technically we are already in a squad. Yet somehow when we enter a game, we are not in the same squad and over half the time not even the same team.