Anybody else not getting the sights when they first join a game on the PS3

When I start MP the first round I cannot select a sight even though they are unlocked and not till the second round do they become available for selection. This is a bit of a **** as if I nip of for a cig I quit and have to play the first round without sights

Be advised: We are seeing connectivity issues to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 back-end systems. DICE and EA are working on resolving the problem.

GG

Didn't you get the memo? I didn't =[

Be advised: We are seeing connectivity issues to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 back-end systems. DICE and EA are working on resolving the problem.

GG

Was trying to get into a server for over 5 minutes until I stumbled upon it.

After getting some hours in, things that need to be changed

• Suppressor unlock needs to be first few. Or at least replace some of the useless stuff like bipods for assault rifles. Versus any decent opposition, you need a suppressor to flank properly, otherwise you'll be toast after killing one or two.
  • IRNV needs to be toned down a bit. Game changer in picking people out under cover.
  • Game is already degenerating into rocket spam, sniper camps and fixed mortar emplacements. Mortars need to be changed somehow (not too sure how for this though). Rockets need to have way more drop over long ranges. Snipers... well not sure no idea.
  • Rework Damavand Peak, Operation Metro and to a lesser extent, Seine Crossing. All these maps tend to rapidly degenerate into two giant blobs spamming rockets, grenades around the center due to map design.

• Suppressor unlock needs to be first few. Or at least replace some of the useless stuff like bipods for assault rifles. Versus any decent opposition, you need a suppressor to flank properly, otherwise you'll be toast after killing one or two.
  • IRNV needs to be toned down a bit. Game changer in picking people out under cover.
  • Game is already degenerating into rocket spam, sniper camps and fixed mortar emplacements. Mortars need to be changed somehow (not too sure how for this though). Rockets need to have way more drop over long ranges. Snipers... well not sure no idea.
  • Rework Damavand Peak, Operation Metro and to a lesser extent, Seine Crossing. All these maps tend to rapidly degenerate into two giant blobs spamming rockets, grenades around the center due to map design.

Rockets don't need to be nerfed, they already have plenty of drop. The problem is, as you mentioned the map design on a few of the maps. Besides OP Metro I rarely see rocket spam.

I honestly do not have issue with the mortars. I do not use them personally but the mortars counter act the snipers and a good sniper will counter act the mortars, either through suppression or MAV. I have had mortars dropped on me many times but the first one always seems to miss, at that point I get up and run and am good to go. The mortar guy successfully ousted me as he should. If people just keep laying there than the mortars will kill them.

I did have some connection problems last night... Hopefully they sort it out. So much for servers being up and reliable :p

You guys should add "Battlefield" to your facebook feed. They had announced last night that they would be taking the servers down for maintenance.

You guys should add "Battlefield" to your facebook feed. They had announced last night that they would be taking the servers down for maintenance.

Good to know. Thanks!

I honestly do not have issue with the mortars. I do not use them personally but the mortars counter act the snipers and a good sniper will counter act the mortars, either through suppression or MAV. I have had mortars dropped on me many times but the first one always seems to miss, at that point I get up and run and am good to go. The mortar guy successfully ousted me as he should. If people just keep laying there than the mortars will kill them.

This. I used to despise the mortars until I started using them heavily myself. For players on the move, it's near impossible to hit. However, on large maps (Firestorm especially) I just rack up the points on snipers or individuals camping. The best is stationary vehicles. It takes two dead on hits to take out a tank. Most vehicles clue in after the first hit and drive around long enough for the 3D spot to wear off. But some players are effing clueless and just sit there, or move maybe 10m. I think as a mortar player, playing defense Rush on Noshahr Canals is a dream come true.

But yes, as stated above, it's really easy to get sniped or flanked by a sneaky assault player. I can usually get no more than 4 or 5 kills on a mortar before I am forced to pack up and move (or die if they are coming from behind me). Remember, the game is based on teamwork. Have a tank or something scouting the perimeter for snipers and mortars. I know the game mode is called Rush, but not everyone should be piling on the objective.

This. I used to despise the mortars until I started using them heavily myself. For players on the move, it's near impossible to hit. However, on large maps (Firestorm especially) I just rack up the points on snipers or individuals camping. The best is stationary vehicles. It takes two dead on hits to take out a tank. Most vehicles clue in after the first hit and drive around long enough for the 3D spot to wear off. But some players are effing clueless and just sit there, or move maybe 10m. I think as a mortar player, playing defense Rush on Noshahr Canals is a dream come true.

But yes, as stated above, it's really easy to get sniped or flanked by a sneaky assault player. I can usually get no more than 4 or 5 kills on a mortar before I am forced to pack up and move (or die if they are coming from behind me). Remember, the game is based on teamwork. Have a tank or something scouting the perimeter for snipers and mortars. I know the game mode is called Rush, but not everyone should be piling on the objective.

How and when do you unlock it?

This. The key word here is teamwork. I am running across many "COD" types that have no concept of the word, then complain constantly about things not working for them. I was on a server and they other team had 3 mortar guys, I threw up the MAV, spotted them and my squad kept taking them out quickly. After a few times they just stopped trying. If people are not playing as a team then they are destined to have a bad time. I fully support BF3 in this and pray that they do not start nerfing or changing things to squash the complaining and force people to learn how to play.

Ah, thanks! No more thinking I'm going crazy.

When you get all the achievements for the class. You can use the the Russian/American gun on either side. It's the last two achievements.

I enjoy this game, except when I'm on a team full of randoms who can't even do anything right. I hate randoms >.<

I've noticed you actually can do alright damage with the regular jet's machinegun to tanks. You gotta come at them from a really steep angle and hit them right on the top and you can usually disable or kill.

Does anyone else find that the flag icon sticks to the middle of the screen when you close in on it? It's so irritating.

I can't imagine design elements like that end up in the game....

When you get all the achievements for the class. You can use the the Russian/American gun on either side. It's the last two achievements.

I enjoy this game, except when I'm on a team full of randoms who can't even do anything right. I hate randoms >.<

Yeah it happens sometimes. I played a game last night on Tehran Highway. We were getting owned so badly that we could barely deploy without being immediatlely sniped or bombarded by a tank.

Finally got to play for more than a few minutes without problems and i must say.... compared to previous entries... the game kinda, well, sucks. If it's not the controls feeling like **** due to poor mouse support, it's the poor gameplay due to even more random damage and hit detection than in previous battlefields. what a joke and a waste of $60.

Game is pretty amazing IMO. Few things I would change though.

No mortars... BC2 Artillery I could live with but the mortars are extremely annoying!

Flashlights... OMG just retarded, how can you blind someone for 10-30ft away in bright daylight with a flashlight???????? I can maybe stand the laser blinding, annoying but at least it makes sense in reality.

Game is pretty amazing IMO. Few things I would change though.

No mortars... BC2 Artillery I could live with but the mortars are extremely annoying!

Flashlights... OMG just retarded, how can you blind someone for 10-30ft away in bright daylight with a flashlight???????? I can maybe stand the laser blinding, annoying but at least it makes sense in reality.

I absolutely hate the flashlights and wish they weren't available at all but in their defense they are tactical flashlights and not regular ones. They are VERY bright IRL.