Who knows about this though. Demize99 did the balance of 2142 as well, which is the base of BF3. Maybe he was just on crack when working on BC2...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's still the main guy doing the balance for BF3. Which makes you wonder why BC2 was so ****ed up. All in all the balance for BF3 is pretty damn good however I disagree with the nerfing of the ump-45 and leaving things like the tac-light as they are.

Some guns like the PDW, P-90, and a few others could use some buffs though as they're pretty much just filler unlocks, not really any reason to use them because things you've gotten earlier are better.

Interesting watch for those that are interested in Battlefields history:

Amazing. Simply, amazing. It gave me goosebumps. It's truly amazing to have played most of the Battlefield games.

@trag3dy

UMP will be buffed slightly, just like PP2000. No idea when will that happen though.

Regarding balance in BC2, at this point it's pretty good, considering the whole class and specialization setup. But the classes are certainly much better in BF3 and there is no more magnum ammo/body armor/expl. mk2 bull****. Balance as a whole seems pretty good in BF3 with a few tweaks needed. There is one weapon that was in BC2 but is missing in BF3 though, that I find very disappointing - the awesome AT4. Current lock-on system, while more realistic I guess, feels kinda lame and noobish. Oh how I wish I could just guide a rocket in the face of some jet ######. Plus, unless the pilot is an idiot or extremely inexperienced, the Stinger feels useless against flares.

The 360 is harder to pilot, switch heli stick to legacy and their the same as BC2 I think, as for jets, I was the same took like 40mins to unlock flares, but once you have them things get a lot easier as you can avoid missiles, give it another 10-20 mins you'll have missiles and then it gets a lot easier, especially if you have a squad member in jets as well 1 can fire cause enemy to use flares 2nd takes the shot, enemy has no protection. Just persist and try attacking heli's as the don't move as fast they're easier to hit....Just be careful not to keep shooting them for too long on one run before pulling out, I did that a few times and just smashed right into them.

I sort of gave up after unlocking the flares but I'll persist now. I've tried taking down helicopters and ended up colliding with them a couple of times. I wish it would do damage to them like in BF2. One thing I really want is the guided missiles but none of my friends are levelling up the recon class. So far, I'm the only one that has the SOFLAM laser designator which is supposed to designate targets for jets, helicopters, or tanks that have guided weapons.

@trag3dy

UMP will be buffed slightly, just like PP2000. No idea when will that happen though.

Regarding balance in BC2, at this point it's pretty good, considering the whole class and specialization setup. But the classes are certainly much better in BF3 and there is no more magnum ammo/body armor/expl. mk2 bull****. Balance as a whole seems pretty good in BF3 with a few tweaks needed. There is one weapon that was in BC2 but is missing in BF3 though, that I find very disappointing - the awesome AT4. Current lock-on system, while more realistic I guess, feels kinda lame and noobish. Oh how I wish I could just guide a rocket in the face of some jet ######. Plus, unless the pilot is an idiot or extremely inexperienced, the Stinger feels useless against flares.

The game definitely feels more balanced than BC2. The flares need to be changed from unlimited to 4 or whatever number it was in BF2. It's pretty much impossible to shoot down a jet or helicopter by yourself because the flares come back as you're reloading the stinger.

I sort of gave up after unlocking the flares but I'll persist now. I've tried taking down helicopters and ended up colliding with them a couple of times. I wish it would do damage to them like in BF2. One thing I really want is the guided missiles but none of my friends are levelling up the recon class. So far, I'm the only one that has the SOFLAM laser designator which is supposed to designate targets for jets, helicopters, or tanks that have guided weapons.

The SOFLAM and Javelin combo doesn't seem to be all the useful, as demonstrated in this video:

Amazing. Simply, amazing. It gave me goosebumps. It's truly amazing to have played most of the Battlefield games.

Only noticed it's a 45 minute video after finishing watching, in a single sit non-stop. Great video.

The SOFLAM and Javelin combo doesn't seem to be all the useful, as demonstrated in this video:

Wow. I thought of using it with my friend's javelin against air vehicles but I guess I saved him time and frustration by not doing so.

Rockets in BC2 had the same problem where they were entirely way to slow. If flairs recharge so fast then I don't see why rockets can't travel faster.

I think they should make jets and helicopters have a limited number of flares like 3 or 4. That way, they won't stay in the air too long.

Only noticed it's a 45 minute video after finishing watching, in a single sit non-stop. Great video.

Indeed. (Y)

The Javelin in real life is pretty neat and appears quite effective however the BF3 adaptation just sucks. Rockets are slow and most of the time seem underpowered / ineffective.

The whole concept of the rocket traveling up and then performing an almost or complete direct descent to pack more punch means one hit and you're done. BF3 to become disabled or just out maneuver it is ridiculous.

It would actually been hilarious is they had incorporated these Javelin bloopers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYYKMSrYsQg

My squad and I just got kicked from a server because we refused to split up on teams...they would swap us teams and we would roll over them non stop then told us to split up and we said no, we are a team, then promptly booted us...I hate ****ty players who get all but hurt when they get rolled, he had the ********* KDR/WLR too lol.

My squad and I just got kicked from a server because we refused to split up on teams...they would swap us teams and we would roll over them non stop then told us to split up and we said no, we are a team, then promptly booted us...I hate ****ty players who get all but hurt when they get rolled, he had the ********* KDR/WLR too lol.

Heh. I was just playing solo on rush earlier and got accused of hacking on two games. one guy "reported me to ea for possible assisted aiming in the a-10". I was constantly owning their tanks on operation firestorm with the thunderbolt, went like 19-0 two rounds in a row, but it was because no one tried to shoot me down with aa or stingers and their pilots were terrible.

The Javelin in real life is pretty neat and appears quite effective however the BF3 adaptation just sucks. Rockets are slow and most of the time seem underpowered / ineffective.

The whole concept of the rocket traveling up and then performing an almost or complete direct descent to pack more punch means one hit and you're done. BF3 to become disabled or just out maneuver it is ridiculous.

vidyas

Yeah... Javelins in BF3 are impotent, to say the least. I've hit a tank 4 times with it, which is the most javelin ammo you can carry with the explosives perk and didn't manage to kill a tank. I don't think he was being repaired, either.

Conquered infantry play, and tank play. Need to conquer the air now. I'm pretty good in the little bird and the helicopters. But the jets are a mystery I've yet to solve - any tips?

Conquered infantry play, and tank play. Need to conquer the air now. I'm pretty good in the little bird and the helicopters. But the jets are a mystery I've yet to solve - any tips?

Just practice. I don't know how it will ping for you but I'm sure you can find a similar server set up with a better ping:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/75a32512-8f61-4d45-b51d-a3e456a38078/Habitat4Hookers-2-FLY-ON-QUICK-RIGS-Dallas/

Stupid question.. is there any way when joining games on the PS3 to only show servers with similarly ranked players in? I seem to keep getting dropped into games where I'm playing against people 30-40 levels above me (I'm only level 3 - a total n00b!) and because I have, you know, a job and a life I simply don't have that much time to invest in the game! I'm not getting much pleasure playing in servers where everyone is annihilating me so would rather play with similarly ranked players! :(

I don't think there's an algorithm in place for this.

It's the same with the PC/360 version. BFBC2 was this way as well when I played on the ps3.

There really isn't much a disadvantage that you can't counter with few hours of game-play and experience with the maps and player tendencies on them.

Guns practically all do the same dmg. Only thing that differs are fire-rate and distance of effectiveness.

Just find a gun that matches your play style (long/medium/close/aggressive) and you're good to go.

But I don't think it's just the guns / loadout.. I think it's just the level of experience. I'm still very new to playing FPS's on a joypad and consequently feel like I have the reactions of a 60 year old! So my thinking was that at least with lower levels of player, I'd be getting matched against similar skill levels...

Well, to be honest it wouldn't be any easier being matched up against a lvl 1 player experienced in playing fps's with a controller ;)

Have you tried messing with the controller's sensitivity?

I know it takes me a bit to find a sweet spot when playing fps on a console.

It's hard to put into words exactly what I struggle with. Like for example if I'm zoomed in with a sniper scope, with a keyboard and mouse I can generally put the crosshair where I want it - and pick someone off. With the joypad, I seem to end up gliding around them (like above, then to the left, then to the right) but find it very hard to be accurate / precise. So quite often in a situation where I totally have the element of surprise and have a good 10 seconds or so to get them in the crosshair, I quite often fail - and they either run off round a corner, or spot me and make mincemeat of me.

Maybe this is what it's like to get old. I turned 30 this year and think my gaming skills are definitely in decline! :(

lol, Welcome to the mid-life-gaming crisis.

Been there myself :D

But seriously, it's expected and normal when making a move from Mouse/Kb to Dual Analogs.

It takes a lil longer to develop the coordination and feel for the game.

Try bringing down the sensitivity a bit while you get a better feel. That should keep you from overshooting your target.

As you get better raise the sensitivity till you're completely comfortable.

It's hard to put into words exactly what I struggle with. Like for example if I'm zoomed in with a sniper scope, with a keyboard and mouse I can generally put the crosshair where I want it - and pick someone off. With the joypad, I seem to end up gliding around them (like above, then to the left, then to the right) but find it very hard to be accurate / precise. So quite often in a situation where I totally have the element of surprise and have a good 10 seconds or so to get them in the crosshair, I quite often fail - and they either run off round a corner, or spot me and make mincemeat of me.

Maybe this is what it's like to get old. I turned 30 this year and think my gaming skills are definitely in decline! :(

I am well over 30 but still manage to slaughter after a few hours. Played Friday night and was on a roll even against good players. I was playing assault and after you get used to the maps you know where people will come from and where they won't expect you. Use that and use my golden rule "move but don't run about like a headless chicken"

The first few days I was 0.2 kill ratio and Friday I was getting up to 1.3 just with a bit of thought and a few unlocks. I stick with the same gun and added a heavy barrel, scope and that's about it.

Don't worry I think this game the first 6 hours can feel like hell then all of a sudden it will click and things will get better.