Who's Hamza CTZ Aziz? Just a writer for destructoid, or someone that can actually back his wording?

The studio has obviously busted ass here, to the point that I know for a fact that I'll be converting to playing shooters on the PC once BF3 launches this Fall. There's just no way the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions will look anywhere near as good.

http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-11-battlefield-3-is-easily-the-best-looking-fps-yet-195425.phtml

I understand that people have decided they will buy this game, heck I pretty much had decided that when it was announced and it was known it wasn't going to be back to WWII.

However, I don't understand why people are pre-ordering already, or even more than 3 months ahead. personally 1 month is as much ahead as I would pre-order, anything more is pointless, to far ahead it serves now purpose other than giving free money(interest) to the distributor). it's not like they're going to run out of games, and if there are bonuses, you'll still gt them even if you pre order the day before release.

heck the only reason I would even pre order anythign is for bonus stuff, and then I usually just pre order the week before. but generally I don't care about silly in game pre order bonuses.

I haven't pre-ordered the game too. I'm not too comfortable with setting aside money for something I won't receive for many months. I'd rather use that money for something else and pre-order the game when it's a week or two from release (or earlier, to get into the beta).

I understand that people have decided they will buy this game, heck I pretty much had decided that when it was announced and it was known it wasn't going to be back to WWII.

However, I don't understand why people are pre-ordering already, or even more than 3 months ahead. personally 1 month is as much ahead as I would pre-order, anything more is pointless, to far ahead it serves now purpose other than giving free money(interest) to the distributor). it's not like they're going to run out of games, and if there are bonuses, you'll still gt them even if you pre order the day before release.

heck the only reason I would even pre order anythign is for bonus stuff, and then I usually just pre order the week before. but generally I don't care about silly in game pre order bonuses.

Limited edition for 50 dollars is a good deal. Price has already been raised to 60. I am happy I pre ordered early.

and real brick and mortar chain stores will probably sell the ltd edition for 40-50 at launch, and the regular version at 30 at launch like they always do with AAA titles to lure in customers.

In the UK, if you pre-order a game online they don't even take your money until it's dispatched. Atleast that's how game.co.uk works.

well as was conversing with hawkman earlier about camo textures ... I believe looking from screen shots including desert and woodland marpat + multicam that this is also a demonstration of soldier customization which would make sense bringing similar customizing as seen in BF heroes kind of thing which will be good finally be able to have a bit of uniqueness in the game.

Limited edition for 50 dollars is a good deal. Price has already been raised to 60. I am happy I pre ordered early.

Exactly. This was my biggest reason for pre-ordering it when it was announced, as I saved $10. Saw the same thing happen with Crysis 2, originally was on sale for $50 for pre-order, I waited, then it went up to $60, so I had to pay the $60 for Crysis 2. So I got BF3for $50, and $10 savings is $10 savings. It adds up. 5 games I get a $10 savings, well that is basically like getting 1 game for free.

Reason #2 is I am lucky enough to not be in a situation were I need to worry about money, so if I spend it now, or I spend it when the game comes out, I am still spending it. If I thought it was a game that may not be released, then I would never do it, but BF3 will be released. So again would rather save the $10 now. Even though I do not have to worry about money, I also try to be smart with my money. So saving something is saving something.

So whatever floats your boat, but it is hardly "pointless" pre-ordering the game so early, just as I would never call anyone who decides to wait until day before pointless, to each their own, but some people obviously think their way is the only way. :rolleyes:

Who's Hamza CTZ Aziz? Just a writer for destructoid, or someone that can actually back his wording?

http://www.destructoid.com/gdc-11-battlefield-3-is-easily-the-best-looking-fps-yet-195425.phtml

Whether he is a credible writer or some nobody on the internet (which I honestly do not know), the console versions are obviously not going to look anywhere near what the PC version will look like. Thought this was pretty common knowledge all around. It already has happened with BC2, and would not be surprising if the gap is even more obvious with this new engine.

well as was conversing with hawkman earlier about camo textures ... I believe looking from screen shots including desert and woodland marpat + multicam that this is also a demonstration of soldier customization which would make sense bringing similar customizing as seen in BF heroes kind of thing which will be good finally be able to have a bit of uniqueness in the game.

Now that would be nice. I would love to see weapon appearance customizations as well. I'm a huge fan of digital camo so they better put that in the game. :p

[...]

Whether he is a credible writer or some nobody on the internet (which I honestly do not know), the console versions are obviously not going to look anywhere near what the PC version will look like. Thought this was pretty common knowledge all around. It already has happened with BC2, and would not be surprising if the gap is even more obvious with this new engine.

It should be common knowledge. Regardless, it'll be DX10/DX11-only on PC. It's been awhile since a PC game has dropped DX9. Actually, the only game I can think of (besides BF3) is Shattered Horizon.

Now that would be nice. I would love to see weapon appearance customizations as well. I'm a huge fan of digital camo so they better put that in the game. :p

I don't think much will happen in the weapons area, they don't tend to do customizing other then few add ons like in BC2 and even then you can see their laziness in not modeling correct models for each customized setup (scope + M203 GL, switch to the GL and scope disappears from the model). So I think would be safe to say gun painting won't be making it, this would also be troll food for call of duty lovers. But if nothing else hopefully see more realistic addons and modeling if nothing else.

One thing I noticed from the video... is the scope on the gun...is it they're afraid to actually model a scope like an ACOG ? or do they just plain straight up have no idea how they look or work ?

The camo better not be customizeable. not outside of different classes getting different camo's

as much as I love the Tom Clancy RB6 games (though Raven Shield was the last "great" one), if I see pink camo, I'm killing someone. everyone on one side should have one camo and the other another. with slight difference based on class of course, spec ops if they still have that class, will naturally, have a darker camo as usual in these games with more webbing and stuff.

The camo better not be customizeable. not outside of different classes getting different camo's

as much as I love the Tom Clancy RB6 games (though Raven Shield was the last "great" one), if I see pink camo, I'm killing someone. everyone on one side should have one camo and the other another. with slight difference based on class of course, spec ops if they still have that class, will naturally, have a darker camo as usual in these games with more webbing and stuff.

It won't be that customizable I mean pre-selected US orientated camos if anything probably to start with just those in use by USMC as I stated. If they have a "store" or such thing in future where can get more... you maybe able to download ones like ACU, DCU, choc chip, woodland BDU kinda thing. But I think it would more be like

Choose from 3 types of camo, then maybe customize between different looking vests/webbing or load out (if they have weight factoring between heavy style or lighter ones etc) along with weapons customizing. A more expanded view of what's seen sort of in medal of honor multiplayer editions kinda thing.

But yeah no there won't be make your own or pink clown camo or red/blue digital camo guns to go bunny hopping and c4 jumping round the map on :D

One thing I noticed from the video... is the scope on the gun...is it they're afraid to actually model a scope like an ACOG ? or do they just plain straight up have no idea how they look or work ?

upgrade :)

Crytek has been king until now, but sadly, I may have to relinquish the crown to DICE now :/

Aside from that sadness, this game looks freaking awesome, I cannot wait.

???

upgrade kits.

though I don't want to see BF go down that round of thousands of little unlocks.

I didn't even like the small amount of unlocks per class in BF2 and 2142. on games liek these, let skill decide, and and odn't give better equipment to vet players. let the players choose both guns from the start .