Windows 7 SP1

installed on my HP laptop just fine. although I noticed some media file types no longer show thumbnail previews. i like to have mine set to extra large icons and it seems avi and mpeg wont show anymore. this only happens on new files after sp1 was installed. other avi's and mpeg thumbnail previews still work.

I am really starting to hate this SP1, I know my issues are from this service pack! My OS at times just freezes and everything jumps up and its quite annoying, my laptop never used to do this until I installed the service pack.

It is faster at loading, but there are still a number of things which Mixrosoft ignored to fix.

There is still an issue with iconcasche where all the icons on the Taskbar random disappear and then come back at start up. there is also the issue with the Windows 7 Theme shell where there is an icon missing from Applications, I would have thought that they would have resolved this but no, it's still there same problem same issue with icons vanishing from the Taskbar at start up.

This isn't a bug at all but a feature!

The application .exe doesn't comes with a tiny icon. So instead it's using the default one.

This service pack sucks! I have NEVER had so many issues with a service pack from Microsoft. I can't even install it on two of my three computers. Mine installed fine in 30 minutes. The other two in the house a Compaq laptop and an acer won't configure the service pack. It installs but when it shuts down to configure it gets to 14% then reboots. Upon rebooting it goes back down to 7% then back up to 14%. Repeat cycle for several hours berfore it says failure to configure service pack reverting changes. I'm nto the only one having this issues either. There are several posts at the social.microsoft.com forums with the same issue. I tried WU i tried the standalone installer. I tried the system update readiness tool and still the same thing. Microsoft really screwed the pooch with this service pack. The only suggestions from those forums i haven't had a chance to try is a clean boot or check the disk for errors.

I had similar problems; disabled MSE in MSCONFIG and tried again; worked fine.

I am really starting to hate this SP1, I know my issues are from this service pack! My OS at times just freezes and everything jumps up and its quite annoying, my laptop never used to do this until I installed the service pack.

I have another thread about this. What kind of computer do you have? I installed SP1 and didn't have any issues last night with freezing.

Installed fine for me. I looked at the changes document from MS. I didn't recognize any of the new features ... wish added new things like Apple does, even if it's just supposed to be a "service" pack.

New features seem to be around virtualization.

I'm having freezing issues as well. Sometimes watching a youtube video or lsitening to music will cause my computer to completely hang with the sound stuttering/looping for anywhere from half a minute to 5 minutes. I have not changed or installed anything except Windows 7 SP1. Thought it was an issue with flash at first but I disabled the plugin and it still happens.

Strongly considering moving to a Mac, sigh.

Well I got a new laptop (not related to my issues) and at the moment I am posting this, I am installing SP1; I hope I dont have any problems this time..

No issues here on my desktop, netbook, or laptop.

Me too, SP1 seem eat less RAM than origin Windows 7, lol (or because I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 :D)

Less RAM, better perfomance, snappier & snappier interface, feels faster (haven't benchmarked it to Win 7 without SP1 though)... totally happy with it.

MS did a good job on this one making Win 7 even better than is was.

Btw, I '' just' updated and didn't perform a total clean install (although I had to reinstall Windows 7 w/ all programs 3 days before).

STILL cannot install sp1. has microsoft released any kind of fix/update or somethin? i've searched around looking for fixes, tried just about everything and still it won't install. (running w7 x64 btw)