ARG! Upcoming New Macbook Pro Refresh

134 members have voted

1. 1. Planning on getting a new MBP?

• Yes, 13".
    • Yes, 15".
    • Yes, 17".
    • No.

The above spec sheet designates the "Macbook", the other 13" Macbook Pro enlists the higher end options I've specified earlier.

It designates a 13-inch MacBook Pro.

So will it only the Macbook Pro to get an upgrade? How about the Macbook? (I'm planning to buy one soon so I thought I'll wait if there's going to be an upgrade too)

So will it only the Macbook Pro to get an upgrade? How about the Macbook? (I'm planning to buy one soon so I thought I'll wait if there's going to be an upgrade too)

The rumor says the MacBook will go away entirely, replaced on the low-end by the $999 11'' MacBook Air and replaced on the high-end by the MacBook Pro models.

It's like when Apple turned the "iPod" into the classic. They are getting rid of the "MacBook" to better focus on the actual product lines within.

ALright, I'm lost now, Slashgear claims hi res screen, others don't. Naturally, I want to believe that, but SlashGear also says the price point will be $1600 for the 13", so still frustrated and confused.

ALright, I'm lost now, Slashgear claims hi res screen, others don't. Naturally, I want to believe that, but SlashGear also says the price point will be $1600 for the 13", so still frustrated and confused.

Don't make purchase decisions based on leaks. Just wait a few more days (potentially a few hours, even) and you'll know the hard facts and make a decision then. All this rumour stuff is just to wet your palate, not make final buying decisions.

Slashgear indicates 1200 Euros for the Macbook Pro, if you check now, 1200 Euros Macbook Pro is equal to 1200 USD Macbook Pro, so they're just doing a straight conversion, but we know that never happens. (in case i didnt make myself clear, compare the price between US Macbooks and Europe Macbooks, they're on a 1:1 price).

No permission problems here. Both Macs belong to me and only me.

You don't seem to understand what I meant by "permission problems". Unless you are running day to day on an administrator account (and I won't get into the many reasons why you shouldn't), creating files at the root of the drive instead of in your home folder is not a good idea. It has nothing to do with who the Macs belong to.

Confusing how it says 15" from £1,849 but in two other places says the 15" is from £1,549.

I need a new laptop but really want an iPad as I can use it on lazy weekend around the house a lot more easily. Can't justify buying a MacBook and an iPad as people have said the iPad has near enough made them stop using their Laptop/MacBook.