8.8 earthquake in japan , tsunami warnings indonesia, russia

craziness. did anyone see that huge whirlpool? what the hell caused that? was crazy looking.

The Tsunami did , it did the same thing with the 9.2 Sumatra Quake in 2004.

Just been watching it on sky news have you heard about all of these warnings for other countries one of of them if for Hawii which is like 300 miles away and also russia and indonesia. Now there is one for guam , parts of western america.

Jesus Christ! I saw the last footage on cnn.com! This thing is incredible! Let's hope there will be only a small number of casaulties, but I think this is inevitable! :unsure:

Lets Hope everyone that can get out, get out and get to safety, this is really bad.

I rekcon the earth is shifting and moving alot more then usual and we are bound to have alot more of these catastrophes happen untill the earth settles down again :no:

Lets Hope everyone that can get out, get out and get to safety, this is really bad.

I rekcon the earth is shifting and moving alot more then usual and we are bound to have alot more of these catastrophes happen untill the earth settles down again :no:

Will it settle down? These things are becoming more frequent, all over the world and are getting worse, even here in the UK we'll have reports of little quakes (mainly northern england and scotland), they are also getting more frequent, we're getting crazy weather, this winter has been really bad for the UK i've never seen anything like it.. records are being broken all over the place.

Is it a sign for things to come? is there an explanation and are things expected to level out?

well looks like this isnt over seems hawiaa going to get hit by the big waves around 3am there time i think.Also the doomsday people already have this stuff on there youtube accounts unbelieve I cant believe the doomsday people want the world to end so badly and use this as proof.There claiming this is part of the pole shift and saying the world will end on May 11,2011 and if that doesnt happen it happen on Dec 21,2012.

"The headline you won't be reading: "Millions saved in Japan by good engineering and government building codes". Buts it's the truth."

Got that from a friend on Facebook who lived in Japan for many years.

But my thoughts are with the people of Japan and all the other pacific countries.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and don't like readin too much into things, but...

Isn't there quite a lot of weird weather activity in that area, NZ, Aus, Japan, Indonesia, etc... And doesn't it sort of follow a fault line?

I'd be glad if I were barking up a wrong tree here...

Will it settle down? These things are becoming more frequent, all over the world and are getting worse, even here in the UK we'll have reports of little quakes (mainly northern england and scotland), they are also getting more frequent, we're getting crazy weather, this winter has been really bad for the UK i've never seen anything like it.. records are being broken all over the place.

Is it a sign for things to come? is there an explanation and are things expected to level out?

Theres usually one a year of Magnitude 7.5-8.0 a year, Chile was last year with i think an 8.2 or something close...but yea you're hearing more about it now because its reported more. Each year theres about 8,000+ quakes worldwide, so its not the sign of things to come, just pressure that's been built up there for a years now and when the situation is right, the plates slip or subduct and cause one of these big ones.

"The headline you won't be reading: "Millions saved in Japan by good engineering and government building codes". Buts it's the truth."

Got that from a friend on Facebook who lived in Japan for many years.

But my thoughts are with the people of Japan and all the other pacific countries.

True that. Thanks to Japan engineers the earthquake did not cause a lot of damage in the cities. It's tsunami that is a real threat, but how to fight that? You can't...

Quake hits Hawaii as residents brace for tsunami..

HONOLULU ? A 4.5-magnitude earthquake has struck Hawaii as residents brace for a tsunami after a massive earthquake in Japan.

There were no immediate reports of injuries or damages from the quake that hit the Big Island about 30 miles southeast of Hilo just before 11 p.m. Thursday. The first waves from the tsunami were expected to hit about 3 a.m. Friday.

A geophysicist with the United States Geological Survey says the earthquakes are likely not related. Hawaii has been hit by a string of small quakes related to volcanic activity.

source

Just read this from the BBC's live coverage.

Japan has declared a state of emergency because of the failure of the cooling system at one nuclear plant, according to the Associated Press. Officials say there has been no leak of radiation.

Source

There claiming this is part of the pole shift and saying the world will end on May 11,2011 and if that doesnt happen it happen on Dec 21,2012.

and if that doesn't happen it will happen 2013, 2014, etc. Just ignore these goofballs, they don't deserve any attention.

They've been predicting the end of the world for hundreds of years.

well looks like this isnt over seems hawiaa going to get hit by the big waves around 3am there time i think.Also the doomsday people already have this stuff on there youtube accounts unbelieve I cant believe the doomsday people want the world to end so badly and use this as proof.There claiming this is part of the pole shift and saying the world will end on May 11,2011 and if that doesnt happen it happen on Dec 21,2012.

i wish japan well. they say california will be affected as well. alot speculate this is why all of those millions of fish died at once earlier this week. i do not know what to think at this point but the 2012 myth looks like it could be plausible.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and don't like readin too much into things, but...

Isn't there quite a lot of weird weather activity in that area, NZ, Aus, Japan, Indonesia, etc... And doesn't it sort of follow a fault line?

I'd be glad if I were barking up a wrong tree here...

The Moon is at its closest to Earth next week, it may have triggered the quake. Conspiracy Theorists even predict Christchurch will get a 3rd quake on the 19th

I hate to break it to you but the UK has earthquakes all the time, they are just so small nobody ever really notices. Even the most recent ones have not been that bad.

But the UK weather hasn't been all that much worse, the snow this year was nothing compared to the snow I had to drive through about four years ago where even in a 4x4 it was a struggle to drive

However I feel the weather patterns have significantly shifted in the UK from what they used to be years ago

thanks for posting that mudslag, typical wiki...

as for this quake, it's nowhere nearly as bad as the Kobe one from 96, it'll be OK. i don't think the reports of hundreds dead are accurate, but who knows.

thanks for posting that mudslag, typical wiki...

as for this quake, it's nowhere nearly as bad as the Kobe one from 96, it'll be OK. i don't think the reports of hundreds dead are accurate, but who knows.

Umm... That depends on how you grade "bad". Deaths? Or magnitude?

Kobe was mag 7.2 and lasted 20 seconds; this was mag 8.9 and lasted about 3 minutes... Hopefully, the death toll for this one will be lower as the Kobe one struck inland, but it's going to be some time before the scale of deaths is known.