Meet the browser: Firefox Next

Firefox is already becoming a semi-Chrome clone, so why not go with the theme too? Kt9JW9A.png

IMO, it kinda looks more like an Edge clone, which is NOT an improvement.

1 hour ago, Demz said:

startin to look more an more like Chrome, soon enough you wont be able to tell the difference

1 hour ago, Boo Berry said:

Firefox is already becoming a semi-Chrome clone, so why not go with the theme too? Kt9JW9A.png

IMO, it kinda looks more like an Edge clone, which is NOT an improvement.

I am OK with anything beside that ugly Australis (funky curvy rounded tabs). Yuck!!

9 hours ago, Zlip792 said:

I am OK with anything beside that ugly Australis (funky curvy rounded tabs). Yuck!!

i dont care what Tabs look like unlike some , as long as the browser  works,  the New Theme however just looks UGLY , ugly enough i'll make the switch to Chrome permanently from 57 onwards

41 minutes ago, Demz said:

i dont care what Tabs look like unlike some , as long as the browser  works,  the New Theme however just looks UGLY , ugly enough i'll make the switch to Chrome permanently from 57 onwards

I might do the reverse. :-p

Anyhow, I agree with the part of browser functionality. It should just works. Lets hope that Web Extension does not ruin the experience and customization, which every Firefox power user likes.

34 minutes ago, Zlip792 said:

I might do the reverse. :-p

Anyhow, I agree with the part of browser functionality. It should just works. Lets hope that Web Extension does not ruin the experience and customization, which every Firefox power user likes.

Customization in firefox ? you gotta be kidding, Mozilla don want users to customize the browser . you'll get another lackless customization browser like Chrome when 57 hits the release channel. , just go an install Chrome Extensions in Firefox now an thats what you'll get as in WebExtensions

before i forget to mention, as there's no Search Bar/Box on the side of the Address Bar. my gut feel is the Search Bar is now in the Address Bar, same as Chrome.

I like the new design, but I prefer Australis's tabs design. Let's see how it all goes. One thing is for sure, I won't abandon Firefox just because it changed its theme - like Australis.

waiting for WebRender?

When will WebRender reach performance parity with current Firefox55?

Long story short, in a while. For enablement, it's hard to predict accurately for a project of this scope, but we'd like it to be in a good shape by November (I am a terrible person to ask about time estimates so this might be too optimistic). Performance parity will be some time in between then and now (I think that we don't have a milestone specifically for it other than it needs to be significantly better than what we currently have by the time it ships).

8 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

Gotta admit, I'm liking the new design concept more now, so my opinion above has changed.

just remember, there Mockups now, so they still could change. im sure the Australis Mockups did

everytime i look at that Browser it makes me think itys Opera Browser Reincarnated , Mozilla has lost the firefox identity

To be fair, almost all browsers look like a Chromium iteration these days. There's not a big feature that makes them apart from each other (at least visually) untill someone comes with any

20 minutes ago, jupe said:

I thought I'd add this image to make it easier for anyone interested in viewing the version 57 mock up

y4mdYsQnzaME8ugvEKgOweKo-y3910oJRCj9n99w

links to view it has already been posted , no need for the screeny IMO , it just makes me cry to see a browser that had identity to one that wont