Meet the browser: Firefox Next

picked up the UX build of Fx and they got rid of the borders around the buttons like chrome... for personas it works better, however default looks (no stratiform or stylish) looks a bit naked LOL.... hope they improve the icons.

adding stratiform fixes a lot of it.

I completely got it to look like chrome with the help of a 3rd party theme+stratiform.... had it on there for 10 seconds.... immediately disabled becuase it creeped me out so much!!!!!!!! aaahhhh!!!!

What is the difference between the UX Build and Firefox Beta, Aurora, and Nightly ? Is it worth using ?

The UX build is the test bed for user interface changes, using the Nightly builds as codebase. Is it worth using? If you want to be among the first to see UI changes in Firefox then yes.

The UX build is the test bed for user interface changes, using the Nightly builds as codebase. Is it worth using? If you want to be among the first to see UI changes in Firefox then yes.

Thanks very helpful and makes perfect sense! Good to know. This place is awesome with keeping up with all the latest browser news! Feel like I missed out for so many years. The best part it is the most global community ever! At least from what I seen. That is what I like a lot about it.

Tab animation is landing in Mozilla Central in Today's build so highly chances are that it will be in Mozilla Firefox 8 (unless they not backout it). Latest patch is 19 for Tab animation, check with latest UX build. I am waiting for its arrival on Mozilla Central aka Nightly channel. Mozilla Rocks!!!

Sorry it missed the train, Tab animation will be in 28 July Build...

Nope, due to respin, it is in now in Nightly channel...They are making me dizzy...

Nope, due to respin, it is in now in Nightly channel...They are making me dizzy...

Did someone know how to disable this new tab animation and return into old style ?

Will have to wait a bit for the new animation to get into the Aurora build, unless I haven't noticed it already. Go to about:config and try changing the following setting.

browser.tabs.animate >>> set to false

If tab animation 'sticks' in Nightly, it'll be in Aurora in three weeks (when the next merge occurs).

Zlip792, if you don't want to get dizzy, I suggest don't follow the ups and downs quite so very closely :) That's part of why I stick to Aurora - not just because it's more stable in a general sense, but also more stable in terms of feature changes. I just know if I go to Nightly, I'll start reading the changelogs even more closely, and I do it too much already.

If tab animation 'sticks' in Nightly, it'll be in Aurora in three weeks (when the next merge occurs).

Zlip792, if you don't want to get dizzy, I suggest don't follow the ups and downs quite so very closely :) That's part of why I stick to Aurora - not just because it's more stable in a general sense, but also more stable in terms of feature changes. I just know if I go to Nightly, I'll start reading the changelogs even more closely, and I do it too much already.

You and I are both think the same :laugh:

:cry:

post-293012-0-43949300-1311821036.jpg

What's up with the inverse bumps between the IE and Chrome? People switching to Chrome for the weekend when they are not at work?

Just more and more ridicolous. Among all the things firefox could have copied from chrome, they took its fugly UI. very well done