Are You Still Using Windows XP?

Continued Use of Windows XP  

419 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Still Using Windows XP?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Why Are You Still Using XP?

• I don't use it (I answered No to the previous question)
    • Computer's too slow
    • Some software still doesn't work
    • Just not a fan of Vista/7
    • Don't want to pay to upgrade yet
    • Virtual Machine
    • Other

Yes similar but 7 is better.... Why does this fact still escape some people?

Are you trying to be clever? Where did I say 7 wasn't better than Vista? It is, but not by the margin people seem to think. Only on Neowin...

unfortunately I still have to use XP on my 4 year old work laptop. The new laptops are now coming with 7, but I have yet to convince them to give me one :-(

I still use XP as it faster to load up XP in a Virtualbox and do a search on my photo's folder than it is to use the crappy windows7 search, that never finds everything that XP does.

My brother and I still use WinXP on my bedroom computer (HP Pavilion 7840 desktop PC made in 2000 which used to have WinME) and on my brother's custom made computer who bought it in late 2002. NONE of those two computers are powerful enough to run Win7.

until my brother and I start to replace these old PCs and buy new ones with Windows 7 on them (maybe in 2014), we'll be using XP for a few more years.

Personally at home, no. At school, yes, since they have yet to upgrade, but whatever.

Haven't used XP since I started with Vista way back in beta. Have since moved to 7 the past year or so.

...and ****ing proud of it. :cool:

Yes, on an old Tablet PC with a 900 MHz processor (Win7 requires 1 GHz).

Will 7 install on that machine? If so try it.

You're always going to get that. You could move Betty The Secretary's IE icon from the left side of the screen, to the right side, and your helpdesk queue would be blown up with requests.

All jokes aside, this is so true, hell I encountered people who were mad at Vista because they couldn't find "Start" to click on. And some would seriously suggest such persons convert to mac or linux. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

So far so good with Windows 7, some of my games which did not work or partially work finally work properly and the desktop icon bug that i had seems to no longer be an issue thus far.I will keep XP around for the very few things that will not work on 7 but will under XP.

Nope, stopped using it in late 2003 and switched to Mac OS X when it became obvious Windows Longhorn wouldn't get off the ground anytime soon.

Just because someone doesn't think exactly like you or Jen Smith that doesn't mean they are inferior in any way. Your thoughts are not a benchmark in which the rest of the world is judged.

I personally can see the appeal of running 9x...light on resources. I just can't take the slowdowns I used to get when the uptime increased.

Who's talking about inferior and judging? I just think it's kinda wonky. Exactly like me? I don't expect anyone to think exactly like me. But still running Windows 9x, well, that's just insane. And by this benchmark, I judge the world!

my one laptop is stuck with windows Xp

Specs

AMD X2 1.7GHZ

2GIG ddr2

Integrated ATI Express x1250 256 Shared memory

Reason : the Express ChipSet Dose not Support WDDM V1/V2 Driver Model. There for all UI is still rendered in CPU instead of GPU. Therefore using Vista/Win7 would degrade Performance on the Laptop.

Just disable the Aero interface and go to basic.

In some very old PCs in our store, and the WindowsXP mode in Windows7 Ultimate just because we need to get access to a very old system in a very old Novell server, Windows7 doesn't have the needed protocols to connect to this server

I don't even think it's possible to find XP drivers for any of my computers anymore. Just not worth the headache.

7 runs great, smooth, never need to shut off or disable anything (even on a 2 GB Atom N280 netbook, full Aero) to have a great experience. If all that works fine, why bother using anything else?

Just disable the Aero interface and go to basic.

I would expect only after I released I installed it there were NO DRIVERS FOR IT expect what what Windows 7 out of the box had. So I had no CCC panel and ATI/AMD do not make Windows 7 Drivers for the X1150/1250 Express Cards.

I did how ever try the vista drivers. It loaded but was unstable for some reason. SO I reloaded my Xp image I made before I decided to test windows 7 on it

BTW the spec on the Integrated card is as followed

Manufacturer ATI

Radeon Xpress Series

Radeon Xpress 1250 4/0@400MHz

Radeon Xpress 1150 2/4/2@400MHz

Radeon Xpress 200M 4/2@350MHz

Radeon Xpress 1100 4/2@300MHz

Codename RS482M

Pipelines 2/4 / 2 Pixel- / Vertexshader

Core Speed * 400 MHz

Shader Speed * 400 MHz

Memory Speed * 0 MHz