Age of Empires: Definitive Edition has made it to the end game. After a few hiccups in development, the remastered classic is finally out now for Windows 10 PCs so everyone can enjoy the nostalgia.
The new title, available on the Microsoft Store for $19.99, comes with the original base game and the Rise of Rome expansion. That means 16 different civilizations and 10 different campaigns to enjoy in 4K resolution. Here's a look at what has been updated:
- Xbox Live online play (in addition to LAN play)
- The original soundtrack re-recorded with a new orchestral score
- A campaign narration for every mission
- An enhanced campaign and scenario editor allowing for the creation of custom campaigns.
In addition, Microsoft will be hosting AoE 1v1 tournaments at select Microsoft Stores across the United States on March 1 at 5 p.m. local time (click the links for more info):
- Microsoft Flagship Store in New York
- Bellevue Square Mall (Bellevue, WA)
- Westfield San Francisco Centre (CA)
- The Domain (Austin, TX)
- NorthPark Center (Dallas, TX)
- Houston Galleria (Houston, TX)
- Kenwood Towne Centre (Cincinnati, OH)
If you want to participate, you can sign up at Smash.
Now that this definitive edition is out the door, the development team is moving on to remastered editions for Age of Empires 2 and Age of Empires 3. While the games are officially in development - along with Age of Empires 4 - there is no official release date announced. E3 is coming in June, however, so more news will likely happen around then.
For more gaming related news and reviews, follow us at @NeowinGaming on Twitter!