It has been three years since the Epic Games Store came online, and finally, it has a shopping cart now. Epic Games is celebrating the release with plenty of inward facing jokes. There's a new blog post and even a short trailer attached to the feature.
As you would expect, the cart finally allows customers to buy more than one item at a time for convenience, may it be games or DLC, without having to go through the process for each and every purchase like before.
Here's a quick rundown provided by Epic about the new feature and its capabilities:
- Review all items currently in cart with prices in local currencies (see supported currencies)
- Select preferred payment option (including Epic Wallet in the US and Canada)
- List of regional payment processors can be found here
- Enter a Support-a-Creator to give 5% (Epic-funded base rate) or more of your purchase price to a creator of your choice, creator codes now work on all eligible items the cart
- Lastly, confirm purchase and complete the transaction
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting for — a way to buy multiple items on the Epic Games Store… at the same time 🤯🤭— Epic Games Store (@EpicGames) December 9, 2021
We know, we know. But hey! It’s finally here! And with the holidays just around the corner? Trust us, you’re gonna want a cart.
🛒 https://t.co/0ydAfB7QOK pic.twitter.com/97uu4xpubU
The shopping cart comes in soon after official achievement integration arrived at the storefront and launcher. Don't forget its weekly giveaways are still active too, with the latest freebies being Godfall and Prison Architect, with a series of special daily free games slated to drop next week.