Did you know Neowin has a photography forum or that we have a monthly photography contest? The first Neowin monthly photography contest is complete, and we have a winner: Draconian Guppy's photo, entitled, "Old god, I mean dog, new dog harness."
Due to a misunderstanding of the rules, there were only two official entries for the month, but we're confident that once things are clarified, there will be much more activity. The number one thing to keep in mind is that the contest should be used as motivation to go out and use your camera, not to go through old photos that you've taken. We had a number of great entries that had to be disqualified because they weren't taken in the month of March. The main rules to keep in mind are:
- Photos must be taken in the time frame of that theme
- Submission must be on a website that conserves EXIF data
- Spam will be deleted as per the forum rules, such as photos for sale
- The rest of the forum rules still apply
- One picture per theme
- Neowin claims absolutely NO ownership of your images. If you win, you'll make the front page though!
The theme for the month of April is "Pets," and can be interpreted any way you want (this is art!). So go out into the world, take some photos, and post the best one on the forum for everyone to vote on at the end of April! The winner wins an 8G Captain Kirk Mimobot USB thumb drive and gets to choose the theme for the next month's contest! Remember: Entries are made in the FORUMS (see April Contest post link) and not in the comments here, although we'd love to hear your thoughts on the contest!