Did you know Neowin has a photography forum or that we used to have a monthly photography contest? Well, we do, and we did, and while the forum has always been there, we want to bring back the monthly photography contest to our loyal (and new) readers!
The number one thing to keep in mind is that the contest should be used as motivation to go out and use your camera, not to go through old photos that you've taken. In the past, we've had people submit old photos, so be sure the photo you submit was taken this month! The main rules to keep in mind are:
- Photos must be taken in the time frame of the theme (i.e.: August)
- Submission must be on a website that conserves EXIF data
- Spam will be deleted as per the forum rules, such as photos for sale
- The rest of the forum rules still apply
- One picture per theme
- Neowin claims absolutely NO ownership of your images. If you win, you'll make the front page though!
The theme for the month of August is "Technology," and can be interpreted any way you want (this is art!). So go out into the world (or stay in your house), take some photos, and post the best one on the forum for everyone to vote on at the end of August! The winner wins an annual Neowin Tier 2 subscription (bye bye ads!), and a $50 Microsoft giftcard! In addition, the winner gets to choose the theme for the next month's contest! Remember: Entries are made in the FORUMS (see August Contest post link) and not in the comments here, although we'd love to hear your thoughts on the contest!
Forum link: Here