In what's been a train-wreck of a year for the Windows phones faithful, the blows just keep on coming. In order of events: Microsoft stopped adding features to Windows 10 Mobile indicating that the end is nigh after the mobile revenue fell through the sky. Unsurprisingly, market share for the platform also plummeted. Soon, big companies started pulling their apps and games from the store. OEMs, too, blamed Microsoft for its lack of focus for Windows 10 Mobile. The list of devices eligible for the next feature update, dubbed featiure2, kept getting smaller, too. Finally, when Joe Belfiore ripped off the band-aid, the floodgates had opened.
Now, popular game publisher, Gameloft has also decided to hang up on the platform. It will no longer update Dragon Hunter 5 for the platform and, presumably, no future titles will show up on the platform either.
In a statement on its forums, the company broke the news:
For Windows Phone users: Microsoft announced recently that they are discontinuing development of this platform. For that reason, we will not be able to keep creating updates for DH5 for Windows Phones, and we are giving Windows Phones users the possibility to switch to an iOS/Android/PC device. This action is irreversible, so please be sure of your choice.
The company is giving the remaining users a chance to switch to a supported platform. Your data will carry over to the new device. To do so, you need to follow the given steps:
- Install the game on your new device.
- From the Windows Phone account you want to transfer, send a ticket to Customer Care (Gameloft icon in the top left corner of the screen).
- Wait until you receive the Ticket Number linked to your case.
- From the NEW DEVICE, send the received ticket number in a NEW TICKET to Customer Care, with the message “I want to transfer my Windows Phone account to a new device”.
- Customer Care will handle the transfer of your progress to the new device, and your Windows Phone account will be erased.