Arguably one of the top console FPS's in terms of player population at the moment, Halo 3 added several updates to its matchmaking playlist yesterday, the first in what will presumably be a long string of updates over the coming months. According to Multiplayer Lead Tyson Green and test wunderkind David Gasca, the changes include:
- Big Team Battle matches are now 16-player affairs.
- In the Team Slayer playlist, the appearance of Shotty Snipers has been greatly reduced.
- Now, when players veto Shotty Snipers, the game that results from the veto will not be Shotty Snipers.
- In one-sided VIP matches, the attacking team will now see a waypoint for the VIP they are hunting.
- In Lone Wolves, Slayer gametypes will appear more frequently.