Intel quietly released its latest DCH graphics driver version 22.214.171.12484 yesterday. The new update is significant as it adds support for the shiny new Windows 11 OS, which is available now as an Insider Preview. Since this is a Windows 11 compatible driver, it is WDDM 3.0-compliant and also brings support for HLSL Shader Model 6.6. The driver also features DirectML enhancements and optimizations, and is compatible with Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL).
Alongside that, the driver brings game optimizations, this time for EA's racing sim F1 2021. The update also fixes problems with stuttering and reduces load times on MMORPG Moonlight Blade and popular shooter Call of Duty: Warzone. In terms of feature addition, the driver adds Microsoft's Auto HDR support on Iris Plus graphics on 10th gen processors.
A detailed list of all the bug fixes has been provided below:
- Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics: Minor graphic anomalies seen in Fortnite*, Balan: Wonderworld*.
- Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics: Intermittent crash or hang seen in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla* (DX12), Marvel’s Avengers* (DX12).
- Blank Display observed with 5120x2160 resolution at 50Hz setting.
- Intermittent crash or hang seen in Shadowman Remastered*(Vulkan), Dark Souls III*, Gangstar New Orleans*, Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus* (Vulkan), World of Tanks* (DX12).
- Minor graphic anomalies seen in Dirt 5* (DX12), Watch Dogs: Legion* (DX12), Control* (DX12), Far Cry: New Dawn* (when starting from a saved file), 3DMark: FireStrike*.
- HDMI 2.0 monitor cannot light up after resume from sleep or standby.
- Display abnormal when 4K monitor connected and switched to duplicate displays.
- Visual anomalies seen on internal panel during .wmv movie playback in Movies & TV app under high CPU usage on 11th Generation Intel® Core™ H-Series mobile Processors.
There are also several problems that remain unresolved:
- Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Burnout Paradise Remastered*, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War* (DX12), Detroit: Become Human* (Vulkan), Doom Eternal* (Vulkan), Metro Exodus* (DX12) when changing graphics settings, Moonlight Blade* (DX12), Necromunda: Hired gun* (DX12) (when choosing Shadow option other than low), Need for Speed Payback*, NBA 2K21* (DX12) (when switching resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 900 and 1280 x 720), Red Dead Redemption 2* (DX12) while running benchmark, Redout: Enhanced Edition*, Resident Evil Village* (DX12), Scarlet Nexus*, Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (after switching to DX12 and SMAA 4x and playing for 10 minutes), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy*, The Dark Pictures: Man of Medan* (in online mode), Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint*, War Thunder*.
- Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in Adobe Premiere Pro 2020* while playing video, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla* (DX12), Crysis Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077* (DX12), Dark Souls 3, Death Stranding* (DX12), Deus Ex Mankind Divided* (DX12), Doom Eternal* (Vulkan) (in-game menu), Elex*, Forza Horizon 4* (DX12), Gears of War Ultimate Edition* (DX12), Hitman 2* (DX12), Horizon Zero Dawn* (DX12), Just Cause 4*, Microsoft Flight Simulator*, Minecraft VR* (DX12 when launched with audio enabled), Monster Jam Steel Titans 2*, Red Dead Redemption 2* (DX12), Shadow of the Tomb Raider* (DX12), Starcraft 2*, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege* (Vulkan), 3DMark Fire Strike*.
- Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics: Intermittent crash or hang may be seen in Rage 2* (Vulkan) (when entering main menu), Sid Meier’s Civilization VI* (during ALT + ENTER), SMITE*, The Witcher 3*, Warframe* (DX12).
- Intel® Iris® Xe MAX graphics: Minor graphic anomalies may be observed in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare* (DX12), Forza Motorsport 6* (DX12), GRID 2019* (DX12), Marvel’s Avengers (DX12), Metro Exodus* (DX12), Rocket League* (when CMAA Enabled), Serious Sam 4* (Vulkan).
As usual, the new driver is compatible with all Intel integrated as well as dedicated graphics starting from the 6th gen Core processors onwards. The 500 series Pentium and Celeron processors are also supported. In terms of OS support, all Windows versions starting from version 1809 and newer are supported.
To download the new 126.96.36.19984 driver, head over to Intel's official support page here where you can opt for either the .exe or the .zip version of the driver package.