It has only been a few months since its debut, but LineageOS has been making some excellent progress by providing consistent updates for a broad roster of phones that is now over 80 units strong. More recently, the team celebrated a million installations of the OS and, not one to rest on its laurels, has pumped out another update.
Over the past couple of weeks, there hasn't been much added in terms of features, but anything new that improves the experience is always welcome. The team has added a new gallery app, making it easier to navigate between a user's timeline, albums, and videos, along with the ability to play videos in fullscreen. In order to prevent issues while updating, the LineageOS Updater has been made more reliable and should encounter fewer occurrences when downloads are broken or corrupted. There is also a new floating button in the screen recording app that will allow users to choose when to begin recording.
Naturally, there have been devices added to the roster, with a couple also having been dropped, which you can find in detail down below:
- Added 14.1 devices
- Lenovo Vibe K5 / K5 Plus - A6020 - maintainers: shr3ps, scritch007, danielstuart14
- ARK Benefit A3 - peach - maintainer: lolmaxlik
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (GSM LTE) - t0lte - maintainer: poisonninja
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (SK Telecom) - t0lteskt - maintainer: filiprss
- Samsung Galaxy Note II (Korea) - t0ltektt - maintainer: filiprrs
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus - kccat6 - maintainer: cvxda
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A - lentislte - maintainer: cvxda
- Motorola Moto Z - griffin - maintainers: vache, shr3ps
- Removed 14.1 devices
- HTC One Max (GSM) - t6 - no longer maintained
- HTC One Max (Verizon) - t6vzw - no longer maintained
If you're interested in trying out LineageOS, be sure to check out the source link below.