Microsoft started testing version 5.3 of Microsoft Launcher last month, and now, it's rolling out to the general public as well. Version 5.3 isn't quite as major as some of the recent releases, but it does include a handful of significant improvements.
Among the changes is a new widget for time and weather with a redesigned details page. You can also now have multiple widgets for different locations, showing you both the weather and local time for each location. The Tasks card in the Feed now also supports "My Day" from Microsoft To-Do and flagged e-mails from Outlook.
Aside from that, there are some minor changes and improvements to many areas of the app. Here's the full changelog from the Play Store:
- Time/Weather widget redesign- Now you can have multiple widgets for multiple locations with redesigned detail page!
- UX refinements to the Home Screen, Dock and Search widget
- Tasks card now supports "My Day" and "Flagged Emails" from Microsoft To Do
- News tab now supports "Technology" as a news interest
- Work profile customers can now get access to their work apps
- Beta community link in Settings changed to Microsoft Tech Community
If you haven't yet, you can download Microsoft Launcher from the Google Play Store, and you can also use that link to join the beta program. Thanks to recent updates, the launcher supports integration with Windows Timeline, Sticky Notes, and more, so it should be pretty useful for those who rely on Microsoft products.