Last week, Microsoft released PowerToys version 0.27 that brought with it a bunch of improvements to the suite of tools, including a new interface for Color Picker and Image Resizer, a host of fixes for general reliability, and more. Today, the firm is releasing a minor update to fix a few issues in the tools, bumping up the version to 0.27.1.
The company says that the patch aims to fix five issues that it “deemed important for stability”, especially for FancyZones and Color Picker, which received enhancements in the previous major release. These issues include crashes and other performance hiccups that make the tools difficult to use.
Here is the complete list of fixes, along with links to the corresponding issue trackers:
- #8330 - FancyZones not waiting for me to release Shift. The primary bug is fixed. We discovered an edge case #8511that is not resolved in this larger fix. We felt the larger fix was worth getting out without the edge case being solved.
- #8378 - Memory leak in FancyZones. Our fix actually improved performance when showing the zones on high res and high DPI scaling screens
- #8339 - FZ editor is correctly handling multi monitor when the laptop built-in display is turned off.
- #8322 -Editor Crash on removing colors from the history where there is none
- #6594 - Color Picker hangs while holding activation keystroke
The firm adds that the next major version of the suite of tools, version 0.29, is expected to be released by the end of this month – presumably before the holidays – which should also contain the Video Conference Mute utility that the firm added to the experimental version.
As usual, this release can be downloaded from the GitHub page here, or directly through the tool. It must be noted, however, that users running the experimental version will not receive this update. The next release for those users will contain all the fixes made to the tools in version 0.27.1.