Microsoft is inviting members of its Windows Insider Program to take part in a competition to design what it says "might just become our next official Windows Insider T-shirt".
The winning design - which will no doubt be considerably better than our hastily-assembled effort above - will be offered around the world through the Microsoft Company Store. The winner, along with four other finalists, will each receive a T-shirt with the chosen design, signed by Windows and Devices Group chief Terry Myerson.
Microsoft says that it's "looking for designs that capture the spirit and excitement of the Windows Insider Program, including the chance to:
- Help build the next great version of Windows
- Provide feedback that goes directly to our engineering teams
- Be one of the first to try exciting new Windows features
- Join a community of other Windows fans and tech enthusiasts"
It also outlined its criteria for putting together a design that will be considered in the contest:
- Make sure your design will display clearly on either a blue or grey T-shirt
- Add one of the official Windows logos from the folder located here. You may use the Windows logo in full (symbol + text) or just the Windows symbol by itself
- Include the words “Windows Insider Program” or “Windows Insiders” or "Windows Insider"
- Use only original graphics and text (English only, please)
- No third party design elements
- No photography
- Note that judges will select the winning design based on three criteria: effective communication of WIP benefits (40%); creativity (40%) and design quality (20%)
There are lots of rules, terms and conditions to be aware of, all of which you can find on this page. The closing date for entries is June 30, 2016.