The 5.7-inch Lumia 640 XL was announced alongside its slightly smaller sibling, the 5-inch Lumia 640, at Mobile World Congress 2015 back in March. After launching in India, the United Kingdom and various other parts of the world in recent months, Microsoft's extra-large new Windows Phone will go on sale in the US next week.
AT&T will sell the Lumia 640 XL in matte black and white, priced at $249.99 off-contract. Alternative payment options will be available too, including $0 followed by 30 handset payments of $8.34 a month.
Key specs of the Lumia 640 XL include:
- 5.7-inch ClearBlack IPS LCD with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB onboard storage (plus microSD support up to 128GB)
- Backside illuminated 13MP rear camera with ZEISS optics, LED flash and 1080p video recording
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Ambient light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, magnetometer and SensorCore
- Replaceable 3000mAh battery
- 157.9 x 81.5 x 9mm; 171g
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2
The Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 device will go on sale in AT&T stores and online from June 26. If you're thinking about picking one up, be sure to check out our in-depth review of the Lumia 640 XL before you make your decision.