If you are an avid fan of Microsoft-owned Mojang's "Minecraft", you'll be pleased to hear that the company has announced a new version of the game designed specially for Windows 10 PCs. Aptly named as "Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta", this game will make its way to the Windows Store on the 29th of July, the same day Windows 10 launches.
Mojang details that the "beta" in the title is because just like all previous versions of Minecraft, this game isn't quite finished yet and will be further developed in future updates. The company also states that if you're one of the 20 million people who already own the PC version of Minecraft, you'll be able to download the game from the Windows 10 store free of cost. Conversely, people who don't own this version will have to pay $10 to access the beta version, the duration of which hasn't been decided yet. Mojang also ensures that like other iterations of its popular game, future updates to the game will be free of cost.
Other highlights of the game include:
- Craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends playing Windows 10 Edition Beta, through local multiplayer or with your Xbox Live friends online.
- Play online and local multiplayer with other Pocket Edition players thanks to a free update, due to arrive soon after launch.
- Multiple control schemes! Switch between controller, touch, and keyboard controls with little to no effort!
- Record and share gameplay highlights with built-in GameDVR.
- Help shape the future of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with our built player feedback mechanisms!
- Chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, potatoes, zombies, baby squids, enchantment tables, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and all the weird and wonderful goodness you’ve come to expect from Minecraft.
Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Beta will be available for download from the Windows 10 Store on July 29, people who are eligible for the game the during the beta phase will also own it when it comes out of beta.
Source: Mojang |Image via Doublejump