Welcome to episode 10 of the Neowin Podcast, the show where Rich Woods and João Carrasqueira talk about all the big news from the past week.
This week, Microsoft and Netflix celebrated a partnership related to the third season of Stranger Things, including a pretty cool Xbox One X giveaway and a collectible miniature arcade cabinet. Microsoft also surprised us with a new 19H2 build for Xbox Insiders that actually increases the major build number, even though we had assumed that it would stay the same for all editions of Windows 10. Also on this week's episode, João rants for about 30 minutes about the new Nintendo Switch Lite, so make sure to be prepared for that.
Before you jump into the episode, here's a list of the topics and their respective timestamps in this episode:
- 1:58 - Microsoft announces the Windows 1.11 app in partnership with Netflix for Stranger Things 3
- 9:49 - Microsoft releases the July 2019 Xbox Update with more Game Pass features
- 11:40 - Microsoft releases Xbox One 19H2 build 18363.7004 to Skip Ahead Insiders
- 17:31 - Microsoft releases Windows 10 build 18936
- 21:44 - Qualcomm announces Snapdragon 215 with significant improvements
- 25:10 - Qualcomm might finally be working on a decent chipset for smartwatches
- 32:09 - Edge Dev build 184.108.40.206 is out with a bunch of improvements, and the browser is ready for enterprise testing
- 42:09 - Nintendo Switch Lite goes official with a $200 price tag
The SoundCloud version of this episode is embedded below, but you can also find it on YouTube, iTunes, and Google Podcasts. And if you'd rather listen via a dedicated podcast app on your phone, you can subscribe to the series by using the RSS feed below:
This will let you get new episodes automatically as they're released. Without further ado, here's the episode:
Let us know what you think of this episode in the comments, and stay tuned next week for a new one with more exciting news!