Nokia may have revealed a number of upcoming devices at its Nokia World event in October but leaked renders, photos and videos of an unannounced product, the Lumia 929, have been popping up on the Internet for the past several weeks. Today bring us the best look yet at the smartphone, thanks to newly posted photos at WPCentral.
The new images show off the large 5-inch display on the device, running on the "Update 3" build of Windows Phone 8. The articles unnamed source for these new images claims that the body of the 929 is similar to that of the older Lumia 928. Like that smartphone, the 929 is supposed to be a Verizon Wireless exclusive.
As far as the hardware specs, the article has some updated details on that front:
- Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor running at 2.2 GHz
- 5 inch AMOLED display with 1080x1920 resolution
- 2 GB of RAM
- 32 GB of internal storage but no microSD card slot
- 20 MP PureView rear camera; Front facing camera
- NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Qi wireless charging
- Color choices: glossy white or matte black
The article claims that the Lumia 929 is in carrier testing now but a specific release date has yet to be confirmed, although it says we can expect it to go on sale between Thanksgiving and the start of 2014. Pricing for the device is still unknown.
Source: WPCentral | Image via WPCentral