HMD Global launched the Nokia 6 in the United States last month, and it's now available to buy in the UK too. The mid-range handset made its debut in China earlier this year, before heading to other markets, including India and South Africa.
In the UK, the Nokia 6 is available exclusively from leading independent device retailer Carphone Warehouse, where it's priced at £199.99 SIM-free. You can also get the handset for no upfront cost on a two-year contract priced from £17.99; or priced at £179.99 on a pay-as-you-go tariff when you buy £10 of PAYG credit.
The handset is being offered in four colours - blue, black, silver and copper - but the copper model is already out of stock online. Carphone Warehouse advises checking in-store stock via its website, as you may still be able to pick up the copper Nokia 6 from selected stores.
Key specs of the Nokia 6 include:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 with X6 LTE modem and Adreno 505 graphics
- 5.5-inch hybrid in-cell display with Full HD (1920x1080px) resolution and 2.5D Corning Glass
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB onboard storage (plus microSD card slot)
- 16MP rear camera with phase detection autofocus, dual-tone LED flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with autofocus and f/2.0 aperture
- Dual-SIM support
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Dolby Atmos support for "powerful, moving audio"
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, e-compass, gyroscope, and proximity sensor
- Fingerprint scanner
- 3000mAh battery
- 154 x 75.8 x 7.85mm (8.4mm including camera bump)
Later this month, HMD will launch its new flagship, the Nokia 8. That device is expected to feature a Snapdragon 835 processor, along with 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, and dual rear cameras with ZEISS optics.