RSS Guard is a simple (yet powerful) feed reader. It is able to fetch the most known feed formats, including RSS/RDF and ATOM. It's free, it's open-source. RSS Guard currently supports Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian. RSS Guard will never depend on other services - this includes online news aggregators like Feedly, The Old Reader and others.
RSS Guard is developed on top of the Qt library and it supports these operating systems:
- OS/2 (eComStation)
- Mac OS X
- xBSD (possibly)
- Android (possibly)
- other platforms supported by Qt
The core features of RSS Guard are:
- support for online feed synchronization via plugins,
- Tiny Tiny RSS (from RSS Guard 3.0.0).
- support for all feed formats,
- import/export of feeds to/from OPML 2.0,
- downloader with own tab and support for up to 6 parallel downloads,
- message filter with regular expressions,
- feed metadata fetching including icons,
- simple Adblock functionality,
- customized popup notifications,
- Google-based auto-completion for internal web browser location bar,
- ability to cleanup internal message database with various options,
- enhanced feed auto-updating with separate time intervals,
- multiple data backend support,
- SQLite (in-memory DBs too),
- is able to specify target database by its name (MySQL backend),
- “portable” mode support with clever auto-detection,
- feed categorization,
- drap-n-drop for feed list,
- automatic checking for updates,
- ability to discover existing feeds on websites,
- full support of podcasts (both RSS & ATOM),
- ability to backup/restore database or settings,
- fully-featured recycle bin,
- printing of messages and any web pages,
- can be fully controlled via keyboard,
- feed authentication (Digest-MD5, BASIC, NTLM-2),
- handles tons of messages & feeds,
- sweet look & feel,
- fully adjustable toolbars (changeable buttons and style),
- ability to check for updates on all platforms + self-updating on Windows,
- hideable main menu, toolbars and list headers,
- KFeanza-based default icon theme + ability to create your own icon themes,
- fully skinnable user interface + ability to create your own skins,
- “newspaper” view,
- plenty of skins,
- support for "feed://" URI scheme,
- ability to hide list of feeds/categories,
- open-source development model based on GNU GPL license, version 3,
- tabbed interface,
- integrated web browser with adjustable behavior + external browser support,
- internal web browser mouse gestures support,
- desktop integration via tray icon,
- localizations to some languages,
- Qt library is the only dependency,
- open-source development model and friendly author waiting for your feedback,
- no ads, no hidden costs.
RSS Guard 3.7.0 changelog
- Fully scriptable MESSAGE FILTERING:
- Is avaialble for all accounts, including TT-RSS, Inoreader, etc.
- Almost all attributes of every single message are changeable.
- You can assign the same filter to multiple feeds.
- There is a simple dialog for creating and testing filters.
- Filters are automagically applied when new messages are downloaded.
- See dialog accessible from menu "Messages -> Message filters".
- Note that this feature is highly experimental, report bugs, please.
- For more information, see https://github.com/martinrotter/rssguard/wiki/Message-filtering
- Delay for first automatic feed update after application launch is now configurable and defaults to smaller value.
- It is now possible to download UNREAD messages ONLY for TT-RSS and Nextcloud News accounts. See settings dialog for each respective account.
- All accounts now offer "Important message" node in feed's list which allows you to
- elegantly display all important messages you have.
- Message list is now able to show UNREAD messages only, see "Messages" menu. Setting is persistent.
- RSS parser now partially supports M-RSS.
- Localizations updated.
- Show correct DB size for MariaDB in DB cleanup dialog.
- Sorting in feed's list is now case insensitive.
- Fixed couple of crashes when saving in-memory SQLite databases to persistent file.
- Simplified code for OAuth2.0 flow, removed WebEngine-based solution entirely, rely on system web browser to handle the challenge.
- Fixed mouse selections in message's list when "keep selection in center" setting is enabled.
- Feed updating logic was rewritten and now should be more reliable.
- Some obsolete code removed and refactored.
- Purging of messages wasn't purgin important messages if chosen, now fixed.
- Fixed errors in internal SQL code when displaying empty message list.
Download: RSS Guard 3.7.0 (64-bit) | Portable | ~70 MB (Open Source)
Link: RSS Guard Home Page | Other Operating Systems
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment