ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in ScreenToGif 2.29:
- Performance improvements in capturing the screen.
- Added option to improve the performance of the region selection in the new recorder UI (enabled by default).
- Improved performance of the duplicate frame remover (thanks to @DarkOoze).
- Delete all previous/next frames: Now multiple frame selection is considered when deleting frames (thanks to @pawlos).
- DirectX capture: The cursor was not being correctly captured in non-primary monitors.
- DirectX capture: A crash message was not displaying its details when capturing in async mode.
- DirectX capture: Adjusted message when trying to capture in a screen rendered by another graphics adapter.
- DirectX capture: The legacy recorder was not able to capture using the option to just capture when something changes on screen.
- Screen/window selector: Reduced lag when displaying the screen/window selector for the new recorder UI.
- Remove duplicates: The last frame was not being compared, so it was not being removed when needed (thanks to @DarkOoze).
- Save as project too: Filename was getting ignored (saving as ".stg") and the export could fail depending on the configuration of the default preset.
- Export as images: Files were being overwritten without confirmation.
- Export as images: The notification of the encoder was not correctly displaying the encoding of multiple files.
- New recorder: The new sizing values input in the text boxes were not being saved when closing the window.
- Transparency: The transparency options and unchanged pixel detection were not working well together.
- Cache purge: Fixed the message not appearing correctly when closing the app.
- Yandex: Link to get token was not working.
ScreenToGif 2.29.1 fixes:
- When exporting as images, the warning message about existing files would not appear.
- DirectX capture: When the cursor was idle, it was not appearing in the recording.
- When exporting multiple times (near the same moment) with the same preset, the first encoding was using the filename of the second one.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware