Xiaomi has announced their latest handset, the Mi 4c. Although not a flagship beast, the Mi 4c offers a fairly robust set of specifications for a very reasonable price.
The Mi 4c is offered in two variants, with the main difference being the storage capacity and RAM. According to the official spec sheet, the Mi 4c will offer:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor, Adreno 418 GPU
- 5-inch 1080p display from Sharp/AUO/LG with a variable refresh rate
- 13MP camera from Sony (IMX258) or Samsung (S5K3M2), PDAF super-fast autofocus (< 0.1s)
- 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera
- USB Type-C with Quick Charge 2.0
- IR blaster
- Dual 4G SIM (micro)
Although a majority of the world will not see this handset in local shops in an official capacity, the Mi 4c will be available in China on September 23rd. As mentioned previously, Xiaomi will offer two variants, priced at RMB 1299 (US$203) for the 2GB RAM and 16GB onboard storage, 3GB RAM and 32GB model for RMB 1499 (US$235). The handset will be available in cool white, grey, pink, yellow and blue.