Microsoft launched the Lumia 650 back in February, bringing it to the UK for £159.99 SIM-free. The low-end, metal-framed Windows 10 Mobile device got a permanent 25% price cut from Microsoft in July, reducing it to £119.99, followed by another smaller price cut just eight weeks later, bringing its cost down to £109.99.
Other retailers have been offering the handset for even less - Amazon, for example, recently sold it for £99.95, but that price has since increased slightly. But you can now get the Lumia 650 for just £79.99 from Carphone Warehouse, when purchased with a new £10 pay-as-you-go SIM card on EE, O2 or Vodafone. That includes 500MB of 4G data, along with either 250 minutes of cross-network talktime and 1000 texts with an O2 SIM; or 150 minutes and unlimited texts with a SIM from EE or Vodafone.
Given that almost all of the phones that Carphone Warehouse sells are unlocked, you can buy the 650 for a total cost of £89.99 with one of those PAYG SIM cards, and still be able to use the device with SIM cards from other networks, rather than paying the higher SIM-free price. The retailer is offering the handset in either black or white.
The Lumia 650's key specs include:
- 5-inch OLED with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus, LED flash and 720p video recording at 30fps
- 5MP front-facing camera with continuous autofocus, 'video light' and 720p video at 30fps
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with support for Wi-Fi calling
- 4G LTE connectivity (bands 1, 3, 7, 8 and 20)
- NFC support
- microUSB 2.0 with Type B connector
- Removable 2000mAh battery
- 142 x 71 x 6.9mm; 122g
The Lumia 650 earned itself a very high score in our review earlier this year; if you're thinking of buying the device, be sure to check out the review first.
Source: Carphone Warehouse