GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.9 and 4.10, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 684507 - commodity namespace should be localized
- Bug 741674 - Newly created Scheduled Transactions appear in existing search windows
- Bug 797501 - Currency symbols in Hebrew (RTL) language
- Bug 797772 - Allow reconciliation report to double filter by both posting and reconciliation date
- Bug 798164 - Import transaction window does not allow changing the transaction description.
- Bug 798272 - up/down arrow keys do not work in account selection pop-up
- Bug 798375 - Transfer Account Selection not editable after typing error
- Bug 798386 - Cannot increment date by 1 day with Japanese keyboard.Allow ';' to increment the date because on those keyboards + is shift-;.
- Bug 798391 -OFX import routine keeps prompting for accepted (and reconciled) transactions when imported again
- Bug 797610 - Scrolling is too fast to follow
- Bug 798395 - ofxdirectconnect downloads crash gnucash 4.9
- Bug 798408 - The calculation in budgets UI and reports are wrong.
- Bug 798411 - Untranslated/Unused string [pt only]
- Bug 798415 - Due Bills Reminder Dialog - Right align 'amount'This was a right-to-left language (e.g. Hebrew) problem.
- Bug 798435 - Crash on print after printing checks
- Bug 798438 - on reconcile window, click on the last column 'R' does not order the entries according with the status
- Bug 798448 - Column 'num' cannot be null
- Bug 798458 - Build failure with gcc 12
- Bug 798474 - Windows 10: Mouse scroll wheel on register only scrolls 1 pixel at a time (instead of 1 line at a time)
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware