GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
Between 4.11 and 4.12, the following bugfixes were accomplished:
- Bug 794584 - Register not updated when scheduled transactions created
- Bug 798262 - Scheduled transactions with blank amounts do not get created.
- Bug 798385 - Description to often only "Landesbank Hessen-Thuringen Girozentrale"
- Prepend the Ulitimate Creditor or Ultimate Debtor to the transaction description.
- Bug 798565 - Import map editor: deletion of a map does not mark gnucash document as dirty
- Bug 798573 - Tab Width Behaviour
- Formerly when the notebook tabs on the left or right, the space used fluctuated depending on tab label width. This change sets the label width to the preference setting when the tabs are on the left or right but when top or bottom the width is set to the number of characters when shorter than the preference setting so they take up less room.
- Bug 798578 - MT940 imports broken - all transactions have date of first transaction
- Bug 798585 - segfault running sample script
- Bug 798588 - sx scrubbing was using incorrect free function
- Bug 798590 - Transaction report: wrong type argument in position 1
- Bug 798598 - Selecting a line in a Vendor Credit Note changes display of Subtotal cell to 0.00
- Bug 798611 - Date changing when changing timezone by one hour
- When getting a date from the date editor anywhere in the program set the time to neutral time instead of the beginning of the day unless get_date_internal is called with GNC_DATE_EDIT_SHOW_TIME in which case the user-provided time is used.
- Bug 798616 - Can't register amount greater than 9,000,000,000
- Because when loading the value the split in the xml backend doesn't yet have a parent so the code tried to convert to GNC_COMMODITY_MAX_FRACTION and if the numerator was larger than 10^10 that would overflow. To fix it this changes the "don't know" response in get_currency_denom and get_commodity_denom to GNC_DENOM_AUTO which will normally leave the denominator alone.
For a complete list of new features and other changes see the Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware