KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
KeePass is really free, and more than that: it is open source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and check whether the encryption algorithms are implemented correctly.
- Strong Security
- Multiple User Keys
- Portable and No Installation Required, Accessibility
- Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
- Import From Many File Formats
- Easy Database Transfer
- Support of Password Groups
- Time Fields and Entry Attachments
- Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
- Intuitive and Secure Clipboard Handling
- Searching and Sorting
- Multi-Language Support
- Strong Random Password Generator
- Plugin Architecture
- Open Source!
Changes from 2.53.1 to 2.54:
- Triggers, global URL overrides, password generator profiles and a few more settings are now stored in the enforced configuration file.
- Added dialog 'Enforce Options (All Users)' (menu 'Tools' → 'Advanced Tools' → 'Enforce Options'), which facilitates storing certain options in the enforced configuration file.
- Export confirmation dialog banners now have a yellow-orange background.
- In export confirmation dialogs, the text of the 'OK' button is now changed to 'Confirm Export'.
- In report dialogs, passwords (and other sensitive data) are now hidden using asterisks by default (if hiding is activated in the main window); the hiding can be toggled using the new '***' button in the toolbar.
- The 'Print' command in most report dialogs now requires the 'Print' application policy flag, and the master key must be entered if the 'Print - No Key Repeat' application policy flag is deactivated.
- The 'Export' command in most report dialogs now requires the 'Export' application policy flag, and the master key must be entered.
- Single line edit dialogs now support hiding the value using asterisks.
- On Unix-like systems, commands that require elevation now have a shield icon (like on Windows).
- TrlUtil: added 'Move Selected Unused Text to Dialog Control' command.
- Improved process memory protection of secure edit controls (CVE-2023-32784).
- The content mode of the configuration elements '/Configuration/Application/TriggerSystem', '/Configuration/Integration/UrlSchemeOverrides' and '/Configuration/PasswordGenerator/UserProfiles' is now 'Replace' by default.
- The built-in override for the 'ssh' URI scheme is now deactivated by default (it can be activated in the 'URL Overrides' dialog).
- When opening the password generator dialog without a derived profile, the '(Automatically generated passwords for new entries)' profile is now selected by default, if profiles are enabled (otherwise the default profile is used).
- Improved UI update performance in the password generator dialog.
- Improved and renamed dialog banner styles.
- The separator line of light dialog banners is gray now.
- Improved serialization/deserialization of custom configuration settings (used by plugins).
- Improved reporting of unknown database header fields.
- On Unix-like systems, the clipboard workarounds are now disabled by default (they are not needed anymore on most systems).
- Improved clipboard clearing on Unix-like systems.
- Improved starting of an elevated process on Unix-like systems.
- TrlUtil: improved keyboard shortcut assignment and toolbar construction.
- Installer: the desktop shortcut is now created for all users (if the option 'Create a desktop shortcut' is activated).
- Installer: removed the Quick Launch shortcut option.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various UI text improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- In report dialogs, the 'Print' and 'Export' commands now always use the actual data (in previous versions, asterisks were printed/exported when the application policy flag 'Unhide Passwords' was turned off).
- The icon of the custom algorithm options button in the password generator dialog is not cut off anymore.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware